• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

M-216 BIG DADDY Antenna

My laptop is a boat anchor, so...

Reflector 216"
72"
driven 211.5"
54"
1st dir 205.5"
63"
2nd dir 200.5"
70"
3rd dir 199"

That should give you a good, hand grenade close, model to work with.

My laptop is a boat anchor, so...

Reflector 216"
72"
driven 211.5"
54"
1st dir 205.5"
63"
2nd dir 200.5"
70"
3rd dir 199"

That should give you a good, hand grenade close, model to work with.

You gave me 214" inches the other day.

Now you tell me the driven element is 211.5" inches. I don't trust anything you say.

This is why I posted the following.

You suggest a 17' 10" length for the driven element 214" inches. I can use that to adjust my model. Why don't you give me the other dimensions for the reflector and directors...else I make a mistake in understanding how you apply the percentage deviations you suggest along the boom. Also supply the spacing you recommend too. I don't want to spend the time modifying my model just to find out I figured a percentage(s) wrong and got the spacing wrong.

I was trying to be nice. I figured you might be up to your old tricks...claiming one thing one day and anther thing on another day.

You do the model.

(blah blah blah blah...)
You do the model.
No, YOU do the model, I don't care about Yagis.

- I'm a Quad man and anything I offered was simply meant to ballpark you into the arena since you seemed to be in need of a starting point.

- or didn't you read my last line:
"That should give you a good, hand grenade close, model to work with" ?

I've been incredibly busy lately, hence the scarcity of posts, but from now on I'll refrain from addressing your questions as I tire of putting myself in the position of being the one currently in your attack sights.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.