• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

maxlog M8900

0 1 frequency step size
02 clarifiier function setting
03 push function setting
04 asc control
05 time out timer
06 scanning type
07 ct swr warning cw
08 at swr warning am
09 ft swr warning fm
10 ut swr warning usb
11 lt swr warning lsb
12 dc overvolt protection
13 tld tx display tot ,swr, volts or tx frequency
14 roger beep frequency setting
15 rb holding time
16 cf side tone frequency
17 tf single tone tx frequency
18 te talk back with echo on
19 tn talk back
20 mic gain am
21 mic gain fm
22 mic gain usb
23 mic gain lsb
24 bu beep volume . on mine to set cw sidetone volume I had to place radio in any other mode that cw to set.
25 of bp filter .
Here is another feature hold bp and turn on and radio goes into test mode ENTER AT OWN RISK hold function and you get b 510 0 which appears to be a frequency fine tune.

Frequency fine tune, hmmmmm what do you mean exactly?

Yeah I've got the Maxlog 8800, and I figure the Magnum1 is so close to that no use in getting, or someone show me I'm not correct please.

I do have the Brazil version of the Maxlog 8900 but it doesn't have the bandpass adjustment. Possibly with a firmware update it could be there but so far I've not had any luck finding the updates.

73's

Reactions: Eldorado828
Yeah I've got the Maxlog 8800, and I figure the Magnum1 is so close to that no use in getting, or someone show me I'm not correct please.

I do have the Brazil version of the Maxlog 8900 but it doesn't have the bandpass adjustment. Possibly with a firmware update it could be there but so far I've not had any luck finding the updates.

73's
I do believe the 8800 and magnum one are the same only differences being production run and version upgrades. The last run magnum 1 was slightly different inside from the first run and I know because had them both at one time. What version is the most recent magnum 1 to the the 880 that I'm not sure. As to the 8900, I don't know anything about it

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
maxlog M-8900 export bands
Press "RB" turn radio on ..wait till band # is displayed release "RB"

select band with channel knob
Band 1 = 25.615-30.105 mhz in 10 bands export
Band 2 = 28.000-29.700 in 5khz steps legal 10m band
Band 3 = 24.500-26.495mhz
Band 4 =24.890-24.990mhz legal 12m band
Band 5 = multi norm single band selection as below
Press "RB" to lock in band
Is there a way to contact you?

Maxlog has gone and crawled under a log by the look of things. I don't think we will hear from them again.
Yes I'm aware of that, but unless this person has passed on or no longer logs in here, I see no reason to not be able to have a conversation. Maxlog 8800 is near identical to Magnum 1 radio though.

73's

Yes I'm aware of that, but unless this person has passed on or no longer logs in here, I see no reason to not be able to have a conversation. Maxlog 8800 is near identical to Magnum 1 radio though.

73's
Maxlog made the Magnum One for Eric, and I am surprised he did not continue because they had a great receiver. Very quiet. One of the best.

Reactions: Retro CB Guy
Eric is What is now know as Palomar, who sold the Magnum One radio.

Jeff
Yeah I wrote them an email yesterday in fact. Looking for another set of knobs for my Maxlog 8800, which I assume is same fit for Magnum 1 radio. Also asked about back lighting option in software which gives several colors to pick from, as I can't find anyone talking about that so far much. I have yet to try it, but am betting it doesn't work. I know Lester changed the 40 tiny LEDs to blue in a couple of the Magnum One's I think.

73, Retro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.