• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

More and more CB radios turning up at hamfeast.

KA5ROW

Aug 15, 2008
Poteau, Oklahoma
www.ka5row.com
I have noticed that in the last few years a lot of CB radios are showing up at hamfeast. The people selling them are not hams for the most part, they are guanine CB'ers. There is nothing that says they cant sell there stuff. But it does bother me to some extent. Just as I don't like arts and crafts at hamfeast. They have arts and craft shows, so show them there. As far as CB's why don't they have CB feast or something like that and sell and trade CB radios and amplifiers among there own kind.

I have noticed that in the last few years a lot of CB radios are showing up at hamfeast. The people selling them are not hams for the most part, they are guanine CB'ers. There is nothing that says they cant sell there stuff. But it does bother me to some extent. Just as I don't like arts and crafts at hamfeast. They have arts and craft shows, so show them there. As far as CB's why don't they have CB feast or something like that and sell and trade CB radios and amplifiers among there own kind.

Dude thats funny right there....

In the San Jose CA area, there is a Hamfest/Flea market/electronics roundup every second Saturday of each month. I went to last month's market, and I'm going to go to the one coming next week. Best deals I've ever seen on radio equipment. Bought a RF filter for my Ham gear and a SBE SSB radio for cheap. I'm glad they have that HAm gear with the CB stuff - makes it easier to find everything...

As a CB guy, I gotta say, that post just makes you look uppity, further perpetuating the stereotype that CBers and stupid and Ham's are stuck up. I wish they had some 11 meter gear at Hamfest by me. We had one yesterday and I went through everything. Turned a couple old cobra 29s. Nothing fun. I thought the hobby was about communicating in general, regardless of whether or not you have a Ham ticket. In the word's of Mr. Jefferson from South Park, "No, that's ignorant. You're ignorant."

DeAnza College in Cupertino, at the NE corner of that facility. It starts EARLY in the morning and ends abruptly at 1 PM. No Excections - if you want to be a seller. Be careful where you park, I got a $35 parking ticket that almost negated my good deals. Almost...

Ya know I'm a dedicated CBer and would like an honest answer from KA5ROW as to what's the big deal about selling CB equipment at hamfest? Cb Radios are a form of radio communications just as is amatuer radio.

Like Wayne says, as long as the ham club or whoever is putting on the deal and making a few bucks for the spaces it sells, it shouldn't make one bit of difference what they sell as long as it in the radio hobby. I guess this could include computers also.

I would like an answer KA5ROW.

Would this issue call for a poll?

I vote for the guy with the biggest amplifier. After all, he can transmit anytime he wants to.

(Who knows, it might be a cb'er, or a ham'er or a cbam'er, or a urp..please pass the jug:unsure:...)

I don't know, i know a lot of Charlie Bravos that have some pretty sweet ham gear for decent prices. Besides who cares what they are selling if they can generate a little income that obammajamma can't tap more power to them. I think there are more important issues to be concerned about... like gettin that ft-101E for a good price with the VFO and extra tubes... Hi Hi relax dude it's a hobby about the communicating. Now where did i set that beer?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.