• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

more shifty ebay shenanigans

well the ebay can run from one extreme to the other i guess.
This guy is trying to dupe someone in to buying his old scratched up grant DX for 150 dollars, and i just picked up a president grant (858) for 22 bucks over there.

I am slowly building a president radio collection and this was a 'need it'.
LC

I was selling my "spare" Cobra 2000 on eBay last month. Guy won it for $175. I thought he had a great deal. Then he refused to pay for it. Nope. No reason or excuse. Just no.

eBay burns my shorts sometimes.

I bidded last on a radio.ebay sa9d I WON THE BID.ok? Then i was never billed then it came up relisted and the seller had the ballz to ask me if i was still interested? Contacted ebay n they didnt do a thing.
Noticed many radios relisted too

I was selling my "spare" Cobra 2000 on eBay last month. Guy won it for $175. I thought he had a great deal. Then he refused to pay for it. Nope. No reason or excuse. Just no.

eBay burns my shorts sometimes.

Last month I had a RCI 2995 up for auction. Bidding was nuts on it. A guy ran it up to $780 then wouldn't pay. Sent a message and he said "send it to me first. I've been burnt on eBay before. When it hits the post office, I will send your money" Re-listed and it went to Sweden for $200 less.

i have problems with ebay like everyone else.
I buy and sell electronic equipment on there and have for years, but i am very tired of their fees and biases.

my latest tirade is that they base your sellers fee off of the amount the item sells for AS WELL AS THE SHIPPING COST!!!

so if you sell a heavy item, ebay charges you more. total BS IMO.

then again, where else am i going to be able to buy a tektronix 2215 for 20 bucks, recap the power supply and have a perfectly working scope.

they have the numbers damnit!
LC

Reactions: Dmans
thats like one I just had. the seller showed 2 gum drop mounts, 5 of the old stud mounts and 3 of the newer studs with the so239 on the bottom. he said boxes were rough but the mounts were new. had 6.00 buy it now with 8.59 shipping. so I jumped on that and bought them. the seller sent me a message and said since I did not say what mount I wanted he shipped me a gum drop mount.
i emailed him back and said your listing was for all pictured and no option to buy 1 mount. you said the mounts were new but the packages were rough. and you did not show an option to buy one mount. so cancel my order..
he took the listing down and said he had already shipped me one mount and would be at no charge.
that part was good but the sellers are bad about showing a bunch of items for sale and make it look like that is what you will get and change their minds after they decide it was to cheap for what he listed.

a guy the other day had a super side kick mic for sale for 15.00 and 15.00 to ship it. I bought the mic and the next day he cancelled the order and said paypal said he would not be able to get his money for 21 days for some reason so he cancelled the order since he would not ship until he was paid. even though the money was in paypal. it took me 14 days to get my money back. I contacted paypal and they said what he told me was not true. they would not hold the money for no reason.. he took several items he had listed off the sale page and i looked at his feedback and he had several people over the past year he would sale the item then cancel the order.

this is a couple problems I have had in the past month

I know if you are a new seller they’ll hold your money or they use to. Up until 21 days I believe or until the buyer left positive feedback and was happy that you shipped the actual item and all that jazz. Happened to me when I first started selling on there. But possibly ole boy just lied for the reasons you listed.

He has been selling for some time now. I think he decided the price was too low or he sold it local since he has not put it back up. what got me was he was worried about his money being held for 21 days and left mine hanging for 14 days. I guess that was alright letting me wait to get my money back.. after seeing several listings he had cancelled on them over the past few months. this made me think he does that a lot. sell local then cancel the ebay listing.
I know some times I see a listing saying the item was listed local and might pull the item if it sold local.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.