• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Motormouth Maul Locking Down 28 today.....

I actually sent him an e-mail last week, just letting him know he had a "birdie" on 28.380.

he sent me a nice e-mail back and thanked me for letting him know about it;).

check out his website for essb stuff

Whatever equipment he uses....its heavy duty......he can key down for as long as he wants.....and he has awesome sounding audio......he sounds like he is in a broadcast studio at a radio station....and all he is using is a 6 element beam....that mauldulator is the schiznits....ha ha:D

A birdie? What is that?

A "spur"
Probably spurious emissions at 28.380 MHz ( in the ten meter band) that would allow you to hear him up there even though he is transmitting on 27 MHz, not a good thing at all.
It gets you unwanted attention that will for sure cause a problem down the road.
I had a friend that used to run a Galaxy 99 and a Phantom amp that did the same thing until I called him on the phone one night, and let him listen to himself on ten meters.
After he put the limiter transistor back in the radio, and adjusted the TX on the radio properly it reduced it to a point were it was not a problem any more.

Jeff

Its a real slug fest on 28 today...ha ha:D

Classic CB key down....the battle of the titans.(y)

A birdie!
It is two signals beating against each other with a difference in frequency within the audio range in a radio's own receive even with the antenna disconnected.
Nothing to do with transmitt or off the air signals..
Transmitt is spurs and harmonics and IMD being transmitted as difference signals, harmonicly related signals to the main signal being transmitted.
It can be mathamaticlly proven if the radio frequencies being used within are known.
A lot of CB sets that have been modified by a shop or individual puts out harmonic in the 10 meter band and other places.
Power mikes and Linears make it worse.
I have already been through this locally.
Took a legal 11 meter AM set and found them on legal channels to compair when the 10 meter signal was present on the Ham radio.
Normally have a hard time convincing a CBer that his radio is doing that because he has no way of knowing and most never believe it when told and become augumenitive out of ignorance.
Sorry to put it bluntly but it is what it is.
Those radios are no longer on the air at least in this area..

Ok...here is one I could never figure out....I bought a expensive scanner back in the day...it was a Bearcat BC9000xlt.....I used to like to listen to the Mil-Air freqs...but at the same time I was receiving what I figured was cordless phones...the scanner was bone stock...no mods.

Ok...here is one I could never figure out....I bought a expensive scanner back in the day...it was a Bearcat BC9000xlt.....I used to like to listen to the Mil-Air freqs...but at the same time I was receiving what I figured was cordless phones...the scanner was bone stock...no mods.

The earliest cordless phones were somewhere in the 49 MHz region if I recall correctly. Later versions moved up to the 800 MHz range. Today I think they are somewhere above 1.2 GHz.

Back when cell phones were analog they also used a portion of the 800 MHz band. Early versions of the compact Bearcat and similar scanners could receive these frequencies and hear what was going on. Later versions were 'blocked', but could be easily made to cover the cell band. I had a BC 350 that would do this.

I actually sent him an e-mail last week, just letting him know he had a "birdie" on 28.380.

he sent me a nice e-mail back and thanked me for letting him know about it;).

check out his website for essb stuff

Alot of the older ranger 2950's and 70's do that as well as many of the general lees and such...depending what channel you are on, it throws out birdies everywhere..poor design

I'm always hearing him here in Louisiana, along with a few other guys in Cali. Hell, some times all I hear is guys from California. haha I dunno what it is.

The past two days I've been hearing that "cotten pickin" John Denver... He was all over AM on Friday.

The earliest cordless phones were somewhere in the 49 MHz region if I recall correctly. Later versions moved up to the 800 MHz range. Today I think they are somewhere above 1.2 GHz.

Back when cell phones were analog they also used a portion of the 800 MHz band. Early versions of the compact Bearcat and similar scanners could receive these frequencies and hear what was going on. Later versions were 'blocked', but could be easily made to cover the cell band. I had a BC 350 that would do this.

I think this was in the 300mhz range...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.