• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MURS...NEW ANTENNA

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
Got a 2nd antenna up for MURS a COMET GP6N, a great performer, flat SWR, first contact was 30 miles, not bad.

DOCTOR/795

What's the bandwidth on that antenna? Got any other details? I really need to change my base 2m to something that is more broadbanded.

Must be VERY new - nothing shows up with Google.

Generally, increased bandwidth (lower Q) is the result of greater loss somewhere in the system. Like the Comet CHA-250B.

As the other post said it is broad banded, and has the n connector on it, a good performer, also low noise when talking/receving the other station, easy to put together, and you can get them from R&L electronics, special order, but the factory will ship them direct to you after paying R&L, it is made by NCG.....
It will work on 2 meters, and 440 also, but I got it for MURS mostly.

DOCTOR/795

a OK antenna..

The GP9N is of course much better. (although much taller)

But i use the GP-9N for 2 meters/440 as well as GMRS/FRS & MURS

when this antenna finally wears out
i will replace it with the Diamond 700 (bigger & better yet)

Hustler G7 150-1 for MURS

I am looking for the best price on the Hustler G7 150-1 for MURS. Can you tell me where you it, and the price? I was told there is no better antenna for 151.940. However, if someone knows of something better, I'd love to hear about it.
Thanks.

I got mine on ebay. Was not even in the market for one but when I seen it I knew I could not pass it up. Buy it now price was $140 on it. Brand new in the box.

Only other antenna I would have would be a Celwave station master but finding one used is not easy or at least around here. New forget about! You could buy quite a few hustlers for that!

Hey HH ..

That is indeed a cheap base MURS antenna
Not that great though..

But then...i typically get the largest Base antennas i can put up on the roof...LOL
My Comet GP9N is 10 or 11 Dbd on MURS

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.