• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MURS...NEW ANTENNA

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
Got a 2nd antenna up for MURS a COMET GP6N, a great performer, flat SWR, first contact was 30 miles, not bad.

DOCTOR/795

What's the bandwidth on that antenna? Got any other details? I really need to change my base 2m to something that is more broadbanded.

Must be VERY new - nothing shows up with Google.

Generally, increased bandwidth (lower Q) is the result of greater loss somewhere in the system. Like the Comet CHA-250B.

As the other post said it is broad banded, and has the n connector on it, a good performer, also low noise when talking/receving the other station, easy to put together, and you can get them from R&L electronics, special order, but the factory will ship them direct to you after paying R&L, it is made by NCG.....
It will work on 2 meters, and 440 also, but I got it for MURS mostly.

DOCTOR/795

a OK antenna..

The GP9N is of course much better. (although much taller)

But i use the GP-9N for 2 meters/440 as well as GMRS/FRS & MURS

when this antenna finally wears out
i will replace it with the Diamond 700 (bigger & better yet)

Hustler G7 150-1 for MURS

I am looking for the best price on the Hustler G7 150-1 for MURS. Can you tell me where you it, and the price? I was told there is no better antenna for 151.940. However, if someone knows of something better, I'd love to hear about it.
Thanks.

I got mine on ebay. Was not even in the market for one but when I seen it I knew I could not pass it up. Buy it now price was $140 on it. Brand new in the box.

Only other antenna I would have would be a Celwave station master but finding one used is not easy or at least around here. New forget about! You could buy quite a few hustlers for that!

Hey HH ..

That is indeed a cheap base MURS antenna
Not that great though..

But then...i typically get the largest Base antennas i can put up on the roof...LOL
My Comet GP9N is 10 or 11 Dbd on MURS

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.