• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need an oscillator or 2....................

M

musky1963

Okay, we have this extremely bad cb'er in town(actually about 15 miles from me), that will play music and throw carriers on people all day, every day. Everyone knows him, a few do kiss his rump so that he does not key on them or plug their ears. Anyways, a butt-whoopin' would get you in jail cause he would surely press charges and enjoy it. He really is a rotten, foul mouth pothead that need a dose of his own medicine. Anyways, I would like to get an oscillator or two and give that a shot. What are the best ways to keep them powered up and hidden? Where can I get one or find plans? If you had to deal with this guy, you would want to make his life miserable, as he has done to many of us here. Many have gotten out of radio due to this bum. I can run plenty of power, but he will plug everyones ears near him. Ideas are more than welcome! :evil:

Sneek over to his house at 3am and cut his coax..or pin it a few times...
That dont work?? yank down the antenna and dont stop the car/truck untill ur a few blocks down the road...like 10....:)
That should stop him for awhile....if not for good...

AHHHHH the good ole days....LMAO

AM POWER

if many have gotten off the radio because of him ,they more then likely shouldn't have been there in the first place.....cb radio is not for everybody ....they tend to find that out after a few 100 dollars spent unfortunately )-: ......how many channels you got on your radio musky ? .....more then 1 I would surely hope ? .....you feel the need to come down to this guys level of operations ? ....A CB Enforcer ? that pretty much makes you no better then he is. There's truly a lot you can do .....you could even put FCC in the picture or you could even put your own life at risk for some crazy drunk cb'er ? .....I have the same old question that I have offered to others over the last 20 years .........Why does it seem so Goddamned hard to simply turn the duck pluck'in channel if it annoys you so much ? ......How hard is that ? !!! .....Would you rather fight then switch the damned channel ? .......if that's the case ? .....I would think you had some personal issues that needed to be adressed .....like maybe you like to feed on the bull$shit ? ......it's really like entertainment but you feel the need to have things your way ? ......go for it then.....I would surely think you were in the right place then. Your choice. Peace

Switch Kit, not exactly the reply that I was looking for, not do I need a lecture from you. The people that have gotten off the radio have been on there a very long time. Their really aren't too many left. About switching channels......that does not work. He will follow as he has an export with scan. We like to keep a home channel without having some idiot play music. I want to plug his ears instead of busting his nose. This guy is a coward, racist, lazy at-home welfare recipient and is sandbagging all the time, just looking to upset folks. There is no trying to talk to him nicely. Pretty bad when 3 or 4 of us cannot have a QSO on a nice Sunday morning without this loser, in the middle of town, start playing ac/dc.
So before you put the blame on me........ahh, forget it. :roll:

BTW..........I got my license in 1976 when I was 13. Most of us up here did so during the boom. No noobs here.

I wasnt' put'in the blame on you sir !! .....30 years on the radio and you don't know what to do about it ? .......Well then ...you could take AMPOWERS advise then .....He follows you around ? ....I guess that would make you special ? AC/DC ? ...rock out !! If your truly looking for a solution to the cb radio and the bozo's behind there microphones ......I wish you the best of luck sir. This guy truly sounds like an adjatater that has gotten your goat ......there a dime a dozen on the cb radio .....tell me something new ! You started this post musky and IM not going to be the one to tell you to break the law and cause damage to this guy's antenna's or life style (it sounds to me like he does a good job of it himself) ......I understand the way you feel musky .....but it still seems to me that this dude has gotten the power over you ? You feel the need to fight fire with fire ? ....as I said before ...Go for it then. Sounds to me like you have already added fuel to this bozo's fire and helped make yourself as special to him as you already are )-: after 20 years of this bull$hit musky .......cb radio has become a freak'in joke to me for many many years now !!! trash in , trash out .....I have my moments dude ....the rest is truly what it is. Trash mouths ,Drunks , idiots ,perverts ect.ect.ect. ......Oh ......and also some decent people like yourself musky ??? Are you in control of your radio or is your radio in control of you ???(I got news for you ,it ain't the guy play'in AC/DC) I still manage to have some enjoyment on my cb radio from time to time , but IM also not on it 24-7 either .....there's more to life then "it". IM truly on your side musky and the way you feel about it .......been there done that.....I would like to think that IM in control of my radio and not the other way around ....if that were to be the case ? You would more then likely find my radio on the side of the road some where ....maybe like your buddies who hung there microphones up for good ? Do what you got to do musky ...your responsable for your own actions. The best of luck to you.

I am not on the radio that much, but when I am.......sure enuff, he will start. He does it to quite a few people, not just me. I am not going to pull anyones antenna down or destroy property. I just want to give him some misery so he cannot communicate with the few that kiss his arse. I have alot tied up in my radio, he doesn't have a nickel. It was given to him by his brother, who is a really good cber. Go figure. Some of us refuse to give up our hobby because of just one pea brain. If there were many, then I could see getting out.

Every hear what a cheap RC remote control car contoller sounds like on 19A?

Hint hint, but make sure it uses a 27MHZ crystal in it.

Sorry to say though I dont think it is the solution unfortunately there is no easy one as that will also effect all in a certain radius of the controller.

musky1963 have you ever thought about you and your CB friends upgrading to an amateur license? Let see here just for a techicians license you would have 6m,2m,1.25m,70cm,33cm and 23cm bands.Let that sh**head find you then. :D,just a suggestion.
73,Stu

there you go musky .....a tech offering his services to help you on your way. Go Figure ......and then again ,it tells me alot. There are many musky ....lucky for you ,not in your area ...just one damned fly at the picnic table !! ......Good luck with your problem musky IM sure you'll figure out something. Peace
(An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.)

LMAO This is all so familiar I cant stop laughing thinking of those rain gutter jammers with the 9 volt battery but we just did it to mess with one another joking around. Anyways musky the trash eventually dissapears. Ill tell ya what ignoring him is hard but IT WORKS after he figures out THAT NONE OF YOU ARE GETTING UPTIGHT he will stop and find someone else to torcher. Thers way to many freeband channels to sit and play this guys game and or worry about him. Good luck

musky
yeah, we gota couple of those guys here too. the only thing that sucks is the jerk actually managed to drive some of the old timers off the air. the really bad part is the idiots actually have ham licenses. cuase havoc on GMRS, and harass some of the local busineses from time to time. I got off the air for about a year,sold all my gearand ants. (cb) becuase of these few village fools. Then i started thinking of all the really great people that i had met on the cb locally and dxing. now i'M back and i will never ever let another idiot on the air control my hobby that i love so much. and nether should anyone else ignore the idiots and they will get bored since they have no audience and go away. enjoy your hobby without lowering your standards. 73

I think it's just the added color of the cb radio (idiots/drunks/bad mouths/scum balls/ect.ect, ......I haven't seen very many changes in the 20 years i've been around the SoCal area .....if anything ..a whole lot less cb'ers out there to begin with. This hobby has been a dying breed for years in my area ....once bigger then one could believe but even then ,you still had your everyday cb a-holes ....there was always more bull$hit then out and out conversations going on ...sure we had are daily moments ...but the nonsence was still there as it is today ......SO WHAT !!! if you can't enjoy your cb radio on the 11 meter band and fine some way to go with the flow ....stop your wining and complaining and give it up already,you basically become no better then they are ....Oldtimers ? God bless them ...if they felt the need to hang up there microphones, that's on them ....times be a changing day in and day out ,month in and month out ,year in and year out. If you find yourself stressing over others in your cb receive ......you got a personal problem there that you decided to take it upon yourself .....remember the old saying that sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me ? ..... well ......that's not all that true when it can come to a face to face confrantations.......does a voice coming out of your cb radios speaker truly merit stress control ? ........I don't think so .....word games don't impress me much ......FCC rules do ....but who in the hell follows thoughs ? .......if they did .....techs might not have much business coming there ways because then they themselves wouldn't be breaking the laws to begin with .....this bull$hit goes on and on and on .......as I heard it put ....it's all in fun ? ......I can only hope......folks tend to get way to out of hand with this crap sometimes ........Welcome to the Wonderful world of cb radio already !!! If stressing out is your thing ......go for it !! if moaning and groaning about the bozo down the street is your thing ......go for it !! if getting even is your thing ......go for it !! ......but whatever it is that you decide to do ? I can only hope that you can enjoy your cb radio .....and after all is said and done .....ask yourself if it was worth it ? I've seen more go in this hobby then stay over the years ....Why ? ...they got tired of the bozo down the road !! .....they just couldn't figure out how to change the channels on there dials ......Go Figure ? ......I can remember doing installs for families ....and they went all out !! ......Ground plane antenna's brand new base stations as well as in there vehicals .....money was never an issue with these people ...they spent and they spent well for the best they could get .....but after less then a year ..they were getting out of it and bye bye they went .....they were nice folks ....just couldn't handle the 11 meter band bull$hit )-: it's just not for everybody ......you either make it work for yourself or you don't . It just isn't always the most pleasent place to be ........I think if I had to give cb radio a rating ....I'd pretty much have to give it a XXX .....IM sure other places might me a less of rating.

Okay SwitchKit, one more time. This guy will key up and play music over you no matter what channel you go to. You cannot change channels, if you do, he will find you quickly. Whenever he is talking, I do not listen. It is when us decent people try and talk about radios, cars, sports......whatever, he will either play music or roger beep a thousand times. We have thousands of dollars tied up in our hobby and do no want ti "give it up" as you say. This isn't the typical agitator who will atleast argue, but instead locks down the channel(s). If he only broke balls by commenting, that would be somewhat tolerable. It is when you turn your radio on to talk to a friend and he keys on the weakest station that gets me pissed. So I want to ruin his radio/ears as he has done to so many. He talks to a few suck-ups, but that will change if things go right. I am not in the same boat as him if I do that. He needs to be stopped one way or another. Many people have gone to his house in rage, but of course he won't come out. I think my way is much better than having a normally good cb'r go to the klink for assault. If you had to deal with this guy, you would not be so passive.

how would a walkie talky do in front of his house just tape it down on freq and throw in the bushes would'nt be able to hear a damn thing.make sure batterys rechargable so you can grab the thing back and recharge..or go kick his ass

musky,
gonna give him some of his own cooking huh. thats what i did in the begining. now i just rebroadcast wwv for their listening enjoyment when they start splashing to many freqs. they are mobile sitting at the local wal-mart parking lot, they usually re-locate further away. it's really fun watching them drive around trying to find out where it's coming from. but all they see are ham antennas and towers around here. there are six ham's with towers within 1/2 mi. radius and a couple of houses with old GP on them. so they never figure it out and just go away.

it's funny becuase all of the ham's have talked to each other to see if anyone was cuasing interference to the other, so far there hasn't been any unless your working the same band, then it's wait your turn. there are 2 other straight cber's around and theyare the nicest people to talk with, just as good as the ham's.
well enjoy serving up that dish of cold revenge. good luck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.