• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need help again with mic wireing , t command

itsonlysir

Feb 5, 2009
ok sorry guys , i am still learning , i picked up the radio today , it is a (teaberry) ( t command) ,, it had no mic with it ,,, it is a 4 prong plug in ,, the colors going to the plug in on the radio are ,,,
pin#1 white
pin#2 shield
pin#3 yellow
pin#4 blue

i have tryed a mic , a astatic 636-l , that is pined for the cobra radio i have ,, it would not even put out static , but when i key the mic ,, i could hear people cloud and clear ,, when i let go of the key it whent silent , then i keyed up again and could hear the channel ,,

ok i have a old 5 pin midland mic that i cut then end off of ,, the colors comeing from the midland mic are ,
red
green
bare
black
white
thats not in any kind of order , just what is at the end of the cable ,,

anyone that can help thanks , and if not thanks for reading ,,

after messing around i have notised if i jump pin #2 and #3 together i can hear the channel that i am on , if that helps .. i also can take pics of anything i have to help you help me ,,, thanks again

this is very very frustrating . i am not understanding anything that i read ,,, people say its soo easy to hook up a mic , but yet i cant figure it out to save my life..... ive tried anyway i can think of looked at 100s of web sights ,,, errrrrr:headbang:headbang:headbang

chicken the page you linked shows wires as a different color then mine , i dont see a green wire in the sheet and i don't have a yellow wire,,,,

i wish there was a sight that said white pin2 green pin 1 ,,

its all so confusing ,

Last edited:
also i dont see the radio that the mic came from ( 77-861 ) .... on the list closet i see is 77-860 , and those wires are not like mine ,,,, anyone know if the 77-860 is similar o the 77-861 ?
again i have
( mic )
bare wire
black wire
red wire
green wire
white wire ,,,

this is what i mean by confusing,,,
it shows
bare
yellow
black
red
white

Last edited:
ok sorry guys , i am still learning , i picked up the radio today , it is a (teaberry) ( t command) ,, it had no mic with it ,,, it is a 4 prong plug in ,, the colors going to the plug in on the radio are ,,,
pin#1 white
pin#2 shield
pin#3 yellow
pin#4 blue

i have tryed a mic , a astatic 636-l , that is pined for the cobra radio i have ,, it would not even put out static , but when i key the mic ,, i could hear people cloud and clear ,, when i let go of the key it whent silent , then i keyed up again and could hear the channel ,,

ok i have a old 5 pin midland mic that i cut then end off of ,, the colors comeing from the midland mic are ,
red
green
bare
black
white
thats not in any kind of order , just what is at the end of the cable ,,

anyone that can help thanks , and if not thanks for reading ,,

Try this site
CB SECRETS - MIKE WIRING

hay thanks man ,, ive seen this sight ,, but not knowing what kinda mic this is kinda messed me up . and i have been looking for a mic on that list with matching colors , haven't seen it yet , may be im missing it ill look it over again. thanks for the reply (y)

im not sure what the wires are comeing from the mic ,, so even if i know what order they go into my radio i still dont know what to do . yea its a pian , lolol

im willing to fallow step by step instructions , and take pics of anything need to help me , thanks again , as i truly am lost

Last edited:
also this might help ,, the wires comeing from the stock mic going into the stock 5 pim plug for the midland radio are

coming from pin
#1 is the red wire
#2 is the bare wire
#3 is the white wire
#4 is the black wire
#5 is the green wire

this is just like it came off the midland radio before i cut it ,, maybe this will help you help me

after messing around i have notised if i jump pin #2 and #3 together i can hear the channel that i am on , if that helps .. i also can take pics of anything i have to help you help me ,,, thanks again

Ok for now forget about the color of the wires!

Do you have a multimeter? if not borrow one or buy one they are invaluable.
you have to meter the wires on the mic cable.

You have a four pin mic socket on the radio, ignore what color the wires are inside

According to that website

Pin 1 on the radio is microphone audio
Pin 2 on the radio is shield (plain copper wire) (Known as the common or ground)
pin 3 on the radio is receive
pin 4 on the radio is Transmit.

You have discovered that when you connect pin 2 and pin 3 together you get receive audio.
If you connect pin 2 to pin 4 the radio will transmit.

When the PTT button on the mic is pressed pin 3 gets disconnected from pin 2 and pin 2 becomes connected to pin 4.

so meter the mic lead with your test meter and see which wires are connected and when you press the mic ptt they should become disconnected. one will most likely be a screen (it may be black)

most mics use a screened coaxial type lead for the microphone audio a bit similar to coax.
The outer braid is the screen or earth and the inner is the signal (mic audio)
so you have to find the corrsponding wires on your mic.

so when you find the two wires that are connected and then become disconnected when you press the button, one will be the common or screen and the other will be receive

then find which two wires become connected when you press the button on the mic, you will find that one is the same wire used in the receive and a new wire for transmit.

just beacuse a mic lead has 5 wires does not always mean that all 5 wires are used, but sometimes there may be two common wires (screens) in which case they can both be connected to pin 2

It is very difficult to try and explain this on here but let me know if this has helped you any and see how you get on .

Cheers Mark
(y)

Reactions: NZ8N
DX-DIGGER..

thank you so very much for the time that you took to explain this process in great detail ,, i cant begin to say thanks enough .. i will get right on this ,, i do have a meter , and i will fallow each step closely as i am in my garage on the laptop and can just look over to the next step ..

i will let you guys know if this works or not ,, but im sure it will , as it cleared alot of the questions i had. again thank you alot for the help ,, and this is truley a great sight ...(y)

No Problem I hope you get it working ok.

I suggest once you have sorted it. draw a picture of the socket with the 4 pins and label them up a bit like this and then just tape the piece of paper underneath your radio or tape it to cover on the inside of the radio.
mic-wiring.jpg

In most mics the screen wire is the comon wire used for the rec and transmit switching, there are some exceptions but usually find the screen and you only have 3 to go.

Cheers Mark(y)

i tryed this last night ,, it dident seam to work .. i think the pins on the radio might be hook up the the mic connector wrong or it is in a different pin pattern then the one sid by the websight linked here..

bit i did get a alittle sleepy last night , i will restest this again to day ,,

is there a way to use the meter to test whitch pin is whitch on the mic socket ??

ok ok i found the problem ..... its me > lolol

i was looking at the mic socket comeing from a cobra mic , and using the notch and the tiny numbers on the face of the plug as a reference to witch pin was witch on my radio sooo i was looking it at like this
starting from the notch and going left ( 4 3 2 1 ) and today i found a schematic for the t-command and it showed again starting from the notch and going left ( 1 2 3 4 ) . so i had it reversed ,:headbang

so the mic is working correctly now ,,, i was had a white wire left over , and was hearing receive threw the mic , so i attached the white wire to recieve and the mic and everything is working great ,,,,,,,

mark , man thanks alot man ,,, im still green as grass , but i learn fast , thanks to the great people like you who spend there time helping others . and when i learn enough i will also be out there helping people ..

as a note this radio sounds great and everyone has said the set up sounds crystal clear . (y)

one last question ,,, inside the mic there is what looks like a tiny transformer with a with a small flat circle deal soldiered to it . what is that in there ?

thanks again everybody .

mark
i saved the directions you wrote to me ,, as they are dead on correct ..
also i got a great understanding of how a mic works along the ride .. :LOL:

mark you should write a book , cbing for dummies . this way people like me that cant quite grasp the idea can understand and learn , vrs getting confused and frustrated .

again thanks to all that helped , if there ever is a way i can help yall please let me know ...

this is casper waving a big goodbye from the base station in Newport news va.
im out .

i have anouther question ,, after looking at the websight

http://www.hardtimez99.com/SECRETCB29/bookz/SECRET_CB_VOLUME_3.pdf

i see where it says

tea berry (t ) command
adjust L15 and L12 for maximum RF power
adjust VR5 for 100% modulation or cut D14
VR6 : modulation meter adjustment
VR4 : RF meter adjustment
connect pin 19 or IC3 to 4.84v source for new frequencies ( channels 1-26 )

ok i looked in my radio and saw that the ( D14 ) had already been disconected ( not cut but one side un-soldiered ) , i dont plan on adjusting any of the things they say to adjust , because as yall know i dont know much about this all ..

but i do feel that i can maybe do the last step ( connect pin19 to a 4.83v source ) ,, but what im wondering is , what does it mean by new frequencies on channeks 1- 26 ?? and how will this help

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.