• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New generation Cobra 148GTL

Well my truck is a s10 with a 5 speed so the floor thing is out. I thought about the ceiling thing but the radio is so big. that the braces just don't work out right. I have one other option the truck don't have a/c so I'm thinking of taking out the two vents in the middle of the dash and mounting it in there. never use them anyway don't like air blowing into my face from the vents. that might be awesome cause it would look like it was made for there.

New Gen Cobra 148GTL

I have had both over the years, to me I like the new better because it has more features, but still can be converted sounds good on transmit 4 & 12 watts and the receive is as good or better than the older ones. the price is right around $150.oo todays dollars. works great with a K30 or a K40 antenna 20+ miles when there no skip, thats a real good setup for around $200.oo bucks for sure! Had about 4 old 2 new ones, never had a problem with any of them and also had 4 Cobra 2000GTL's another good radio, That is the Ham radio of CB............Walterb

Yeah but they are selling off the junk 949 and 959 and looking for a radio they don't have to take to a repair shop every few weeks due to poor design and craftsmanship. I don't even accept 949's and 959's in for service here anymore, I'm sick of looking at them.

don't rule out truckstop parking lots ... lots of galaxy's going for around 75 bucks truckers are gett'n poorer by the day

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.