• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New To Cb's Help me out

What does "results for transmitting are 1" mean?

Did the SWR meter deflect at all - enough for you to adjust it for full scale?

SWR readings represent a ratio, so a theoretically "perfect" SWR would be 1:1, and that's the way you have to write it in order for it to make sense. If the pointer goes up to the "3", then it's written 3:1. It CAN'T be lower than 1:1.

Im sorry, i guess my results for TX are 1:1.

I dont quite understand your second question, im not quite up to all that vocab. so i will explain how i calibrated and used the meter.

hook up the meter between the antenna and the radio.
Set the meter switch to "FWD" and turn the radio on and set it to ch 1.
Key the mic and use the calibration knob to turn the needle all the way to the right to "SET"
Then with out un-keying the mic, set the meter to REF and get the SWR reading.

When i did that, i got a reading of 1:1 on both ch1 and ch40.

Im sorry, i guess my results for TX are 1:1.

I dont quite understand your second question, im not quite up to all that vocab. so i will explain how i calibrated and used the meter.

hook up the meter between the antenna and the radio.
Set the meter switch to "FWD" and turn the radio on and set it to ch 1.
Key the mic and use the calibration knob to turn the needle all the way to the right to "SET"
Then with out un-keying the mic, set the meter to REF and get the SWR reading.

When i did that, i got a reading of 1:1 on both ch1 and ch40.

this is exactly right.a swr of 1.1 is condsider as perfect .but any swr lower
than 1.5 is good .and no noticeable difference.try to get ch.1 and 40 to
read the same or close to it.

I got a question if he is hearing a beep is it a "roger beep" sound or something else? Or is it a squeal? I ask because this radio I do not believe comes with talkback and a previous post he mentioned hearing a beep through his own speaker. Could it be that in the vehicle it is being used in something as simple as speaker connection came loose? Or has the radio been Modified with the "roger beep" sound?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.