• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie Here w/Some DX Questions....

It's awesome so many people from the band are on here! We'll all have to pick a set time and less busy channel to try and have a Worldwidedx live chat in the near future for sure!

I hear ya 305 , well while scanning the bands I broke in on a QSO one guy I talked to said the only reason he stayed on was he thought I was a local from the next town when I told him I was almost 35 miles from him he said don't touch a thing that's one of the best 2000's I ever heard . Guess it's working like it should .

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

I ran the D104 until I got a good deal on a rough but working turner +3. I set the Dynamike wide open and turn the mic up on AM to sound clean and clear, when I go to SSB I turn the Dynamike to 12o'clock or so. I watch the meter on the radio and set it so it's not pegging

I turned my D104 almost off an run the mic gain @ 2 o'clock . I want to try the ask that came with it but when I plug it in that's what was causing the radio to hiss on receive I cleaned the contacts yesterday same problem . Could a weak battery make it do that ? I'm clean out of fresh 9 volts an just have not got out to get one yet . PS using talk back the d104 sounds fine an plus it looks good in front of the 2000 ! lol thanks Grinder as usual

First I have to figure out how to do it ! This a 60 year old idiot your dealing with . That stupid auto correct has been screwing with me from the get go . lol

First but not least , Hobie get your wife's blow dryer an head for the Roof ! 305 portable you come in to RI like a local you have Great sounding station . I figured one thing ( I think) I'm sick an tired of the comments from talking local every one I talk to local says I sound crackly , one guy just doesn't like d104's says he can hear when I take a breath the other says I'm scratchy this is while I'm chasing him around because he's drifting off frequency . I finally told him yesterday keep his screw driver out of his radio . This is with running my amp or not . Everything on my end checks out fine , I listen to myself via talk back an it sounds fine to me . In fact while checking my radio out yesterday on 20 am some guy came back from Alabama an said it was one of the best 2000's he ever heard ( I was bare foot ) . It makes me kind of frustrated but who cares I don't care about talking local . Pheeew ... that took me a long time to type with one finger ! lol

It's awesome so many people from the band are on here! We'll all have to pick a set time and less busy channel to try and have a Worldwidedx live chat in the near future for sure!

357 you FREAK! Have you ever been on a metal roof with snow or water on it? You trying to get me killed?:eek:

Great idea 305! Although, you'd be the only one I hear! Always blowin' my doors in with that "hand wavin'" thingy!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.