• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie Here w/Some DX Questions....

It's awesome so many people from the band are on here! We'll all have to pick a set time and less busy channel to try and have a Worldwidedx live chat in the near future for sure!

I hear ya 305 , well while scanning the bands I broke in on a QSO one guy I talked to said the only reason he stayed on was he thought I was a local from the next town when I told him I was almost 35 miles from him he said don't touch a thing that's one of the best 2000's I ever heard . Guess it's working like it should .

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

I ran the D104 until I got a good deal on a rough but working turner +3. I set the Dynamike wide open and turn the mic up on AM to sound clean and clear, when I go to SSB I turn the Dynamike to 12o'clock or so. I watch the meter on the radio and set it so it's not pegging

I turned my D104 almost off an run the mic gain @ 2 o'clock . I want to try the ask that came with it but when I plug it in that's what was causing the radio to hiss on receive I cleaned the contacts yesterday same problem . Could a weak battery make it do that ? I'm clean out of fresh 9 volts an just have not got out to get one yet . PS using talk back the d104 sounds fine an plus it looks good in front of the 2000 ! lol thanks Grinder as usual

First I have to figure out how to do it ! This a 60 year old idiot your dealing with . That stupid auto correct has been screwing with me from the get go . lol

First but not least , Hobie get your wife's blow dryer an head for the Roof ! 305 portable you come in to RI like a local you have Great sounding station . I figured one thing ( I think) I'm sick an tired of the comments from talking local every one I talk to local says I sound crackly , one guy just doesn't like d104's says he can hear when I take a breath the other says I'm scratchy this is while I'm chasing him around because he's drifting off frequency . I finally told him yesterday keep his screw driver out of his radio . This is with running my amp or not . Everything on my end checks out fine , I listen to myself via talk back an it sounds fine to me . In fact while checking my radio out yesterday on 20 am some guy came back from Alabama an said it was one of the best 2000's he ever heard ( I was bare foot ) . It makes me kind of frustrated but who cares I don't care about talking local . Pheeew ... that took me a long time to type with one finger ! lol

It's awesome so many people from the band are on here! We'll all have to pick a set time and less busy channel to try and have a Worldwidedx live chat in the near future for sure!

357 you FREAK! Have you ever been on a metal roof with snow or water on it? You trying to get me killed?:eek:

Great idea 305! Although, you'd be the only one I hear! Always blowin' my doors in with that "hand wavin'" thingy!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.