• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Newbie question: License in the US

Hey, that's a whole different ball of wax! Basically, knowing how a particular radio is 'programed' and gaining access to it's computer. Several of those type programs floating around, depends on the radio manufacturer as to which would work with which radio, and what any particular function would be available. I'm afraid I wouldn't be any help there at all. I'd rather 'twiddle' the knobs than click a mouse, you know? Then again, that doesn't say that I wouldn't want the capability...
- 'Doc

One other question guys:

Are there "harmless" frequencies I can use for demo: By harmless, I mean frequencies that are known not be used for anything besides equipment testing - No commercial, naval, public safety, or military networks use them.

Your best bet is still to contact the FCC with your questions. There are several 'bands' of frequencies that are possible, just depends on exactly what you plan to do. They (FCC) would be happy to inform you of the possibilities and requirements. I'm not aware of any "experimental" frequencies for general use (which certainly doesn't mean much). I'd be interested in what they tell you.
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.