• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

NMO install location, where for best performance!

aha..thanks duster and yeah I think shes kinda smokin or was smokin something when she married me...

yeah I had to put my big boy pants on to do that install, but like anything I do I make sure I do a TON of research before I make my move and I also seen a couple of NMO mounts installed first hand up close and used the exact same stuff. What I did was take the bolts of of the rear O Shit handle and pulled the rubber molding down and looked at the 2 inch gap that shows me the roof line and cross bars and sunroof rail in between the headliner and roof itself...I used a flash light to get a good visual of what I needed to do so i wouldnt hit a cross member and just went for it in my own OCD way..so now we are waiting on the kenwood D710A dual band radio to arrive and I will do a custom install under back seat and have the face up front (not exactly sure yet but will know when it gets here)

I think I will rule out the roof at this point because of the fact that it will have to come off on the odd occasion due to low clearance. I have a couple places I go to that have only a few inches of clearance to begin with and to be honest I hate a hood mount. To me they look stupid mounted on the engine hood but that's just me. I have some 1/8 stainless plate I can use to make some brackets that should fit between the tailgate and the box and if I use the existing tailgate latch bolts I won't have to drill any additional holes. With the tonneau cover I can't even use a stake hole mount.

Talking about clearance...I have a 7 inch suspension lift on my truck and stuck a darn dual bander on top of it lol! "BUT" I did see where you can get a folding mount that you can just fold on over in those cases where clearance issues come up. And I totally agree with you on the hood mount, im not trying to go all law enforcement !

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.