• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

old call letters/license

11QØØ82 (Las Vegas High School station c. 1959).
Wow, a kubota tractor engine...who wudda thunk it. No wonder its hard for me to turn over when its cold! Cant rightly remember what year i got mine...guessing 78 or 9, mzybe 80- i had an antron 99 setup on my chimney with standoffs and my 148gtl. No clue what ever happened to the paper, lotsa moves back then.

KAV8968 HERE. I don't know where the hard copy is. I remember only the Side Banders used their call signs back then. You almost never heard a call sign on CH19.

Reactions: Sonar
I had KXJ1927 in OHIO, a 3 watt transmitter and a superregen receiver, a kit I purchased from a firm in CHICAGO, the antenna was a tv antenna, did talk across town, what fun though.
DOCTOR/795

Reactions: Sonar
Seems like this theme pops up in a new thread every few years.

We were KJH1739 running a 23 channel Realistic Navaho base with a Turner +3 base mic and an Archer 1/2 wave ground plane.

While KRV7693 my first CB was a General Radio Telephone 6 channel crystal controlled tube radio. It had a seperate switches to select the rx and tx crystal. And a big honkin' carbon mic. At first my parents woudn't let me run coax into the house so I had to take the radio outside when I wanted to use it...lol I think that was in 1972.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.