• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Oldest CB DX Club # Ya Got

Back in the 60s, one of the hottest of "them thar extry channels" for AM skip was 26.955 or Channel "minus 1." The RC or jumped channels were also popular for skip shooters too.

Yeah that was an interesting side story by itself. In the mid 70's during the Great CB Explosion most folks were basic operators and didn't know much diddily about the radio spectrum or how anything worked. They had a plain 23 or 40 channel radio and that was it.

So more savvy ops who had a few mods done or whatever would access the "A" channels in the CB 23 range. Folks with stock radios would be "getting all this bleedover" and couldn't find where it was coming from. "Well they sound loud on channel 7 and channel 8 but I can't bring them in ! "

hee hee

In the early days I confess to being known as 51W993 as well as Trans-Canada-Radio-1525 as well as Canada-High-Frequency-993. I will also admit to being known as 9-AT-102 for a while as well. I haven`t used any of those numbers in about 20 years or so. Now I just use an odd one that starts with VE1. :D

Back in the 70s I was Nassau County Sidebanders NCS 1115. There really weren't that many of us, I just went with 1115 because it sounded good on the air. Several years later after a move to Arizona I was Salt River Valley SRV 810.

These days I'm not affiliated with any clubs but I still go by 885.

nassau county as in ny?

had 11w3551, 11x3551, nhf234, asb839, kw5205 amongst others. still use 11w3551 from time to time. got an hf international # back around 1976, can't for the life of me remember it & no longer have any of my very 1st qsl's that had the # on it.
i do however have my original hf international id card signed by norman mueller, which expired 1/1/80 (!!!), it was hfg663, which was my 1st 'mobile-only' dx call, after i got my drivers license.
i also had an SSB #, issued by tomcat tom kneitel himself, and several qsl's from him-no email back in the 70's!-we corresponded regularly as people contacted him, locals & skip, to get in touch with me........i had a familiar signal across north & south america, europe, africa & australia........

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.