• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

On nice clear days could you bounce CB signals off the moon?

Turns out I've got the photos in my mind confused. I should have known better that the dish couldn't be for 10 meters. It was for UHF. The 10 meter EME antenna was on the next page and that was a log periodic over 1000 feet long!

Sure. Go ahead - knock yourself out.

This method tends to work well.

smack-self-in-the-head.gif

Shockwave, if u have the pic...it is appriciated !

@Ratsow8:
in aspect to eme...and telling the difference.
if the signal needs to reach the moon..it would be nice if the "layers" dont reflect the signal back to earth of course.

There are more than one ways to tell the difference the obvious:
1- the delay in signal
2- the azimuth elevation angle of your antenna system.

But most importantly as mentioned...you do not want your signal to be bounched back by a layer, this is something you need to prevent (critical angle / time of the day / sunspots etc)

Bare in mind...this is something you can not do with a vertical and a couple watts.
You will need a very serious station. Preferebly over a couple Kw and a beam with at least say...1.5wavelength boom and up. Besides...some knowledge of computers tracking jst65 etc is welcomed as well.

But it is fun to watch. If you want you can receive your first EME signals on VHF with relative simple equipment. There are really big guns there...

Regards, H.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.