• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Palomar ssb adjustment ??

just pick up on it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Relay chatter! Now lets start on the "when been us in SSB mode". Wtf, Huh? Hahaha, im just fucking with you bro. God invented spell check for a reason lol. Anyway like everyone said, either increase or decrease capacitance value in the delay circuit until its to your liking

Last edited:
Relay chatter! Now lets start on the "when been us in SSB mode". Wtf, Huh? Hahaha, im just fucking with you bro. God invented spell check for a reason lol. Anyway like everyone said, either increase or decrease capacitance value in the delay circuit until its to your liking
I left it at 47uf. The best outcome was that I found 2 loose ground wires.

Reactions: NZ8N and groundwire
Spell check is doing just fine. Both "shatter" and "chatter" are spelled correctly.

I left it at 47uf. The best outcome was that I found 2 loose ground wires.

Spell check is doing just fine. Both "shatter" and "chatter" are spelled correctly.
hahaha, apparently you don't get it either. when a relay opens and closes rapidly like the op has stated is happening, it is called relay chatter, NOT shatter! and in case you didn't notice, "when been us in SSB mode". you don't think that needs a spell check? does that sentence actually make sense to you? :cautious:

Lately, the only thing I get is the passive aggressive stuff I have been seeing you pull with people about the most mundane mistakes. I knew what he was talking about as far as the relay was concerned.

Just some more of my pennies or two cents..........

If you have "chatter" between words:
Have you tried a 100uf cap (or any other smaller value) instead of the 47uf to stop the "chatter" while you are talking .... to the keyed mic?

Also...... This is what actually goes on and how the "keying circuit" works.

While talking on SSB:
The "RF voltage (in AC)" is what produces the radio's output power (in watts) and is what triggers the amp's "keying circuit".
The "keying circuit" converts the "RF AC voltage" to "DC voltage" for its use. The "cap" holds (delays) the "key circuit" on long enough between words or audio (noise) without "chatter" of any kind.......

This means "No words or any audio"............ with mic keyed.........
No watts to produce "AC voltage" to the "keying circuit" and the "keying circuit" shuts off without "chatter"...... unless there is another problem.

You can always do away with the "keying circuit" and just use a (foot) switch.......... no "chatter" for sure.

All I have is a nickel..... does anyone have change?

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.