• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

pl259 connector quality

You are correct about using an acid based flux but there are MANY solders that contain 2 or 3% silver and have a rosin core. ester makes it among several others. i'm talking about regular tin/lead/silver solder and not the Silfoss type of bronze "solder" that requires a torch. It is great for RF connections and is a bit harder making th connection stronger too.

Well, I have never seen this type of solder. I'm going to have to look for some; it sounds like good stuff. :) BTW, when you weather-proof your outside connectors, what do you use?[/QUOTE]

This is one type that is lead free. It works well for not having lead. It is 96.5% Tin 3% silver and 0.5% copper. Kester is available from Digi-Key and others. https://www.digikey.ca/products/en?KeyWords=1124-ND&WT.z_header=search_go&v=117

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.