• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Predator 10 k Antenna

I think you're talking about the same bracket I had, the one with the aluminum perch welded to the middle of a "C" shaped bracket? You take out the front two bolts and use the two longer ones that come with the mount. I would STONGLY suggest using a heavy duty stud instead of the typical 239 style stud that you would normally use on a standard whip antenna. Those are gonna eventually come apart and that Predator will end up on the side of the road. It's a heavy antenna, and with wind resistance and bumps in the road, will put a lot of stress on your mount. Just keep a close eye on your bracket/mount and watch for cracks.

What type of mount would you suggest , that's the last thing I want to happen is the Antenna falling off and getting damaged ,

Well, at this point I'm not sure. I ended up making a new bracket out of steel plate (same thickness as the aluminum bracket that I bought) and it eliminated the vibration problem I was having......so I thought. The vibration just found the next weakest link, and that was the base of my Predator antenna. I watched it helplessly bounce across the highway this morning at 70 mph. Surprisingly, the only damage was the actual break and a tiny bit of road rash on the coil. I know it was vibration that caused the break (South Texas roads suck big sweaty donkey balls because of all the oilfield activity) because I haven't clipped any tree limbs or any other low hanging crap. In the meantime, I will probably go back to my old Wilson 5000 until I come up with a different idea. I know this doesn't really help you, but hopefully gives you a heads up..

Sure does I might even go with a smaller shaft as I was talking to a driver in limon colorado on Friday , he had a 22 inch shaft and had the same problem the Antenna bouncing around the smaller sized shaft doesn't move as much , and I see at flying j they have the Wilson 2000 on special offer at $39.99 until the end of the month and with skip season Around the corner I need my setup running ..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.