• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

pride dx 300

bigdawg46992

Mar 31, 2011
I just got a pride dx 300 and it wont do over 350 watts and i know it will do more anyone have any ideas what is going on with it

Replace the tubes ;) I cant remember offhand what tubes are in that amplifier if your not sure I can look it up in one of my books.

4cx250b is the tube

Look at input vswr at the amp, this can cause low power out.

cb tricks has the schematic and I think user manual for this amplifier.

They are a decent amplifier and provide good service as long as they are not over driven.

Keep the drive level low.

Anything over 125 watts carrier with that amp will be nothing but useless distortion. Peak in the 400s. They will do more for a very short time as you sand blast the cathode material away.

Very easy amp to overdrive and screw up.

Anything over 125 watts carrier with that amp will be nothing but useless distortion. Peak in the 400s. They will do more for a very short time as you sand blast the cathode material away.

Very easy amp to overdrive and screw up.
About 15 watts max is all this amp can use. The KW One had an antenuator on the input so it can take a 100 watt HF rig.
Rich

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.