• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

problems with wwrf

all day today getting famous page cannot be displayed. Been getting that alot lately and when forum does display its very slow. no fun to say the least.

Switch Kit said:
Happy_Hamer said:
It has been working quite fast for me, have you cleaned your temporary internet files lately then re-login?

MY PC gets a enema everyday,especially cookies , they tend to act more so like forms a viruses then not. I use Verizon and AOL , sometimes I think they can be my problems as well , especially AOL . I've been with AOL for 10 years now , Why ? I'll never know .......change I guess ?

Switch, is your AOL account free?

I believe it's 4.99 a month added to my Verizon DSL account. OK .....IM not sure what your getting at here Paws ? but when I switched over to Explorer , the site seemed to pick up a bit ....Hmmmm ? Whats really going on here ?.......OK...this is my second edit on the post .....went back to AOL and it was pretty much the same speed as Explorer ....the site seems to pick up when it wants to but still very sluggish to say the least ? Go figure , but IM 95% sure it isn't me. To bad :(

I have noticed that the forum is very slow most of the time also. I also get white screens from time to time. It takes for ever to load, but I thought it might be my ISP. Road Runner was just bought out here in the Houston area and I figured they were just getting lazy and or the new guy just don't give a ****.

I use to see service truck in the area all the time, but I hardly ever see one any more.

I also hate the way the Preview screen displays justified to the center of the screen. You really need to fix that.

Do y'all think it really is the forum?????

well Marconi , it isn't doing it on anything else I use , Ebay ect. ect. but then again , I don't go from Forum to Forum so I couldn't say about that ? Today is very slow on the wwrf for me , roughly 30 seconds to move from thread to thread , they took the aviators off and IM guessing it surely didn't help in the least because today is worse then many days before. Go figure ? I just don't understand the Internet enough to even take a guess at why it is doing this ?

I don't know either Switch Kit. Today I get the following:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

I enjoy coming to this site, but that is fixing to stop I think. When it takes me 30 seconds to move from page to page and maybe a minute to open a thread, that is about the limit of my patience.

Just today, my security started to stop me from moving around WWRF. I get a message that says I am trying to access a questionable site.

Your security setting is your own browser's setup...has nothing to do with the forum. I can fix the preview being center justfied....I didn't know it was doing that. I'll submit a trouble ticket to the provider for the performance issues. This is getting ridiculous.

You may be right Moleculo. If you are not having problems on your end also, then I guess it is my computer. I will have it checked out.

Marconi said:
I don't know either Switch Kit. Today I get the following:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

I enjoy coming to this site, but that is fixing to stop I think. When it takes me 30 seconds to move from page to page and maybe a minute to open a thread, that is about the limit of my patience.

Just today, my security started to stop me from moving around WWRF. I get a message that says I am trying to access a questionable site.

I was getting the "phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database" error as well. I hit refresh and it connected rfine. Well, slow but it did connect.

You are right Mole,this is getting rediculous. FYI I find it much worse during the middle of the day then first thing in the morning or later at night.

Night is best / afternoon is is a little better / morning is "Turtle Slug City" . Guess that's what I get for having the time on my hands. ;)

Well Marconi,I guess the key words were "at the moment". :roll: It is back to a snails pace right now. :(

OK, I take that back. It's fast again now. :twsted

One minute it is fast and the next slow then fast then slow. I just need to time it right I guess. :LOL:

their weeding out the "partial interest" members.

you have to be dedicated to stick around here.

I had to wait a whole day to make this post. :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.