• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio interfernce 7 days a week 12 hours a day!

Okay I have pin pointed the source of the noise it is coming from my neighbors like detached car port/garage, right at 12:26am I can see light's come on in his shed and they don't go off until 6:3- to 7pm at night so its like almost 19-20 hours straight

so what do I do now? I have already talked to him twice and the 2nd time he called all rude and defensive.

I'd talk to him again. Just be polite and try to reason with him. Offer to purchase him a new timer or whatever it is. Show him a short video of the severity of interference.

Make it worth his while. MONEY TALKS...

You could also get your tech license, document everything in detail, then call the ARRL and initiate a RFI complaint. It's a somewhat slow process, but usually results in eventual compliance.

Last edited:
Tell him you will help him to repair the problem and offer to set up a motoon detection to save money, Timer and motion detection. He may go for it. If not Buy large speakers and play loud music in his direction, Buy a big amp? set off the car alarm all n:oops:ight long, Paint ball his house.:oops:

well this depends on what kind of person you are.

one way to handle it is to find a bag of weed somewhere, go over to his house and burn one with the guy. while smoking, mention that you dont care about whats going on in the garage, you just want to be able to play radio.

im not sure what solution to offer him, but something like giving him ferrite chokes so that you dont have to go into the shed would be good.
do some searching on RFI from light ballasts and such. that should lead you to the real cause and the solution.

ok, maybe thats not your way.
if its illegal to grow weed where you live, then an anonymous call to the cops with just what you saw in his shed will be enough to start them up.
im not the type of person to be proactively negative towards people, but this guy was being a jerk to you, so, F him!
LC

Reactions: 2 people
Okay I have pin pointed the source of the noise it is coming from my neighbors like detached car port/garage, right at 12:26am I can see light's come on in his shed and they don't go off until 6:3- to 7pm at night so its like almost 19-20 hours straight

so what do I do now? I have already talked to him twice and the 2nd time he called all rude and defensive.

Sounds like a grow room in vegetative state and the RFI is more than likely from some cheap Chinese light ballasts that have flooded the market in the past few years.

I agree with loosecannon's suggestion, offer peace and smoke him out.

Okay so an update the lights are now not coming on in his shed at 12:27am they are back to the 5:30am start time if this means anything?

Means he probably cut back to a 12 hr cycle vs 18hrs. Sounds like the plants are budding and he is doing what Mother Nature does as the days get shorter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.