• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RF Limited News . . .

whats the purpose of a "Instant channel 9" button on a export ?

"Frequency Tolerance +/- 400 Hz Max" . << isnt that a bit much ?

Fair point BootyMon. If/when Sam ever sends the radio, I'll be sure to pay strict attention to it.

Funny that none of the sites selling this HT mentions the 50w docking cradle that goes with it as an accessory . . .

Thats about +/- 15 parts per million (ppm). Its probably at the temperature extremes.

Most ham handhelds vhf/uhf are better than +/-5ppm, so it shouldnt be difficult to do that.

depends on what you compare it too, the spec frequency tolerance for a cobra 148 gtl is .005 or 50 ppm which at 27.185 equates to 1359.25 hz or 1.359 khz.

by that standard the magnum 1012 ain't too bad.as dudmuck says at around 15 ppm the magnum is better spec than the cobra 148 gtl ( specs below) , but theres a lot more than just frequency tolerance to take into account.

4634spec.jpg

I don't like the thing at all

Got mine today. I wish I hadn't ordered the thing. To me, this radio is just a novelty item. Unit overloads easily on fairly strong SSB signals. RF gain adjustment helps clear it up, but then you lose the weaker stations. transmit frequency is 3 Hz off. Be nice if had open clarifier. Audio reports state SSB audio is warbly. Warbly audio confirmed on battery pack and external power sources. AM performance is unlike any other quality CB handheld. Didn't feel like checking FM since the units performance so far is depressing.

Others may like, but I sure don't. I packed it all up and tossed it on the trade pile.

Better return the unit and get it fixed up or refunded.
Were you using it with an external antenna or the one it came with?
I did hear from Europe sources there was a problem with some of the early radios on SSB as the FM circuit was also active on transmit.
Thats been fixed now of course...perhaps you just got a radio that missed the tune from the factory?
Be interesting to see further reports, and Robb's and CB mags prognosis when they get radios.
BTW, Where did you buy the radio?

cheers,
Dave

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.