• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Road devil power mic.

He really loves pimping himself on Youtube, got more vids than 4040.
He did not fare well here after he tried to punk Moleculo and the WWRF.
His Claim to Fame of Audio Gain got him ridiculed by everyone in the antenna section, and he cooled his jets after someone called the Skowhegan Chamber of Commerce and asked them who was operating a business selling Radio antennas as Bulldog Communications........

Maybe he has learned something.

Jeff

Reactions: 2 people
he does have a lot of video's.
skateboarding-bulldog-o.gif

but a little more on topic, I prefer my road devil over my 575, less background noise with comparable audio quality.

His Claim to Fame of Audio Gain got him ridiculed by everyone in the antenna section, and he cooled his jets after someone called the Skowhegan Chamber of Commerce and asked them who was operating a business selling Radio antennas as Bulldog Communications........

Jeff

Didn't know that. I found his YouTube channel back when I was doing research on mic's and wanted to hear the difference between them.

Jeff

The Skowhegan Chamber of Commerce put an end to that? I was thinking (hoping) that Timtron came down from "H Yellar Mountain" and talked (knocked) some sense into him.
:closedeyes:

Used to love using the D104-M6B but after using the road devil I wouldn't go back. Easier to key, just as loud and no background noise on the road.

With the CRE + Road Devil I get asked all the time if I'm on a base even though I'm normally on the highway doing 70 :)

The red color and design is bulky and ugly, but you get over it once you realize how well it works.

Used to love using the D104-M6B but after using the road devil I wouldn't go back. Easier to key, just as loud and no background noise on the road.

With the CRE + Road Devil I get asked all the time if I'm on a base even though I'm normally on the highway doing 70 :)

The red color and design is bulky and ugly, but you get over it once you realize how well it works.

A great combination!
The red does offset the black grill on it. I had a broke mic wire(self inflicted) on my RD and used the stock Galaxy hand mic for a week. Everybody noticed the difference.
Hey CBRadioMAgazine, I modded my CRE-8900's stock hand mic. I drilled out a bigger hole where the mic element is. Before my mic sounded muffled and lots of breath puff noise, now it sounds good. FYI

You can try the Road Devil but the 575 is a better mic. The tone control is a great feature.

I've considered buying a 575($$$)if and when they do show up but unless Astatic starts making 575's again,then the 575 is going by way of the dinosaurs. Besides,that would take away from Road Devil sales.

Special note: Has anybody taken a Road Devil or 636L and made a home brew 575? That would be a worthwhile venture for someone. Does anyone have the circuit board schematic for a 575 and what kind of mic element currently available today that would compare with the 575 mic element?

actually, if you look at the frequency response for both mics, I'd say the road devil will give you a more realistic audio.

I ran a road devil several years ago and with my voice it sounded tinny or higher pitched. With the 575 or any power mic with tone control you can adjust to many different voice types. The road devil is a great mic, if it matches with a given persons voice then it's a super choice. If not then a CR-577 or 575M6 are about the only options.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.