• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rolling Radios

Does he send the radios sent to him out west for repair/modification???

The shop is in Indiana. That alone is not really a concern because if he has a tough repair and knows someone that can fix it I have no problem with that.

What I did not like is this. Several years ago he sent this shop a Galaxy 99 that RR's customer wanted ALOT of custom work done to. Things like nitro knobs, colored displays, and some other internal stuff. Anyway, this guy got it done but it was a pain of a job. RR gets it back, marks the service fee up alittle for his cut and sends it back to the owner. The owner loves it a raved about the radio on a forum. RR posted a reply that he worked real hard on that radio and it took alot of time and skill to do those special mods. But as long as the owner was happy with the radio then he was glad to do it. I though that was BS that he took credit for the work and all he did was ship the thing out to a better tech.

The shop is in Indiana. That alone is not really a concern because if he has a tough repair and knows someone that can fix it I have no problem with that.

What I did not like is this. Several years ago he sent this shop a Galaxy 99 that RR's customer wanted ALOT of custom work done to. Things like nitro knobs, colored displays, and some other internal stuff. Anyway, this guy got it done but it was a pain of a job. RR gets it back, marks the service fee up alittle for his cut and sends it back to the owner. The owner loves it a raved about the radio on a forum. RR posted a reply that he worked real hard on that radio and it took alot of time and skill to do those special mods. But as long as the owner was happy with the radio then he was glad to do it. I though that was BS that he took credit for the work and all he did was ship the thing out to a better tech.

He also used/uses a shop farther west of Indiana.I kind of respect the fact he will send a job that is beyond his ability but he should not take credit for the work.

I have bought a handfull off stuff from him and get nothing but flowers on all off them.He has answered the phone on a sunday to answer my questions and does good work period!No weed-wacker jobs like some of the BIG super shops!:D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.