• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I don't know what to think.
Seems snake man is getting roasted to death.

The kid has destroyed him. Hopefully snake will let him move on to someone else.
Snake can't win this.

I'm going to bed.. but this just dropped.

And you know what.... this guy Matt whoever he is and the kid are actually correct.
Because he apparently doesn't know that every device in the chain will affect SWR... and he isn't measuring between the amp and the radio.

And.... his ignorance here is staggering.

Reactions: KD2GOE
For those of you who know me, I am not the Matt he is referring to.
although i fully agree with the guy about this.

What snakey is doing is cutting a resistor that is part of a voltage divider circuit that pads the input wattage going into the amp.
the purpose is to keep the power from the radio from overdriving the amplifier transistors.

so, you clip this resistor and it pushes more power into the amplifier.

guess what happens when you do this.
you overdrive the amplifier transistors into saturation causing harmonics to add on to the fundamental frequency.

the wattmeter will just add all this together and show you a bigger number, BUT!
that extra power is not on 27mhz and isnt doing a damn thing for your signal.
what it will do is create heat in the amplifier when it is connected to an antenna.

What's that you say? Timmy's meter didnt show a bunch of reflected power?

right. because its a dummy load that doesn't know the difference between a 27mhz signal and a 54mhz harmonic.

hook that same amp up to an antenna that is tuned to 27mhz and you will see the higher SWR due to the harmonics.

once again, Timmy shows that he doesn't understand what he's doing, but still calls everyone else an idiot.
LC

I'm going to bed.. but this just dropped.

And you know what.... this guy Matt whoever he is and the kid are actually correct.
Because he apparently doesn't know that every device in the chain will affect SWR... and he isn't measuring between the amp and the radio.

And.... his ignorance here is staggering.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Snack made a video for me!!! well there was my 15 min.... :D

P.S. i am the Matt he is talking about just so no one gets beat up for things i say.. And i was going to make a parody video of Snake working on a 142GTL.. Dropping it and and pissing on the radio to clean it ect but my friend that had the junk 142gtl backed out. I think it would have been funny...

i put a stinger board in my Wifes 148GTL and i clipped the resistor but had it back on in the same day...
1 it got HOT
2 the SWR to the Radio was High like 2.5:1

This is one of the videos i commented on

And this one

Last edited:
Well, the kid didn't pull it but snake man pulled his video.
Naturally. He got called out as wrong... and tucked his tail between his legs.

and the way he installs it just floating in side the radio and it cant dissipate any heat. it will just sit there heating up the inside of the radio making it drift hard on SSB...

Reactions: W2EKG
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.