• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
snake oil has no leg to stand on he has been exposed to late on kissing veterans feet.

What do you mean exposed kissing veterans feet?
Personally, and I am not trying to start a war, the veteran thing has been overused.
The only "veterans" I run into are looking for handouts.
Other veterans that don't throw it in your face are genuine. When they advertise it they are phony. And I know a lot of veterans that say that about those that wear it and expect others to bow to them.

I have literally had people introduce themselves as:
Hi, I am Joe shmoe, Iraq war veteran.

Literally. And I am unimpressed.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Personally, and I am not trying to start a war, the veteran thing has been overused.
Other veterans that don't throw it in your face are genuine. When they advertise it they are phony. And I know a lot of veterans that say that about those that wear it and expect others to bow to them.

thats what i meant same as your post

Yeah no kidding.
Water... bad....

This just showed up in a suggested video on snake radio's channel:

I think he pissed someone else off.

yikes!
i have washed nasty rigs before and its fine if you pull water sensitive parts first.
like meters.and good luck getting water out of that channel selector.its hard enough to get deoxit in it!but i rinse with 99% isopropal and oven dry them.not leave it wet overnight to rust like this assclown!
i often replace every lytic in such a rig simply because they have more than served their time.
i stock low esr types like panasonic fc,rubycon zl,ect.overkill but simplifies my inventory.
simply since they are more often needed in my main job.industrial stuff.
audio grade caps for a counter?save em for the audio path.still snake oil in a cb but if you gotta use em for bling put them in the audio path!
i dont think i have ever had to replace that many parts on a lightning strike rig!
what a hack job!

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Just wanted to put this out there after listening to a couple of the testimonials snakey has been soliciting from his customers on youtube.

The question Tim keeps asking his customers is if he has coerced or forced them to pay for a service that they didn't want done.

NO ONE has ever accused him of that!

The assertion against Tim is that he uses his position of "the expert" to take advantage of people that don't know any better.

Tim's own videos have proved this out. Two different customers said to him on the phone that they trusted his advice, and that since he was "the subject matter expert" that they deferred to his advice.

THIS is what i have been trying to clue people into for a long time now.

It is the same old mechanic scam that has been going on since cars were invented.

mechanic: "you need a new McClannahan flange."

Customer: "Is that going to be expensive?"

mechanic: "yes, but if you don't get it changed, it might fail on you while you are driving in the snow with your grandkids."

Customer: "by all means then. give me the best McClannahan flange you have!"

snakey sells McClannahan flanges.
LC

Is that the same as a cloaking regulator my mechanic try to sell me?

He is "so busy" but has one pile of radios and kid is right.. on his own youtube channel he did a bunch of them in a day.

These amps take 1 hr to install the most he states takes him 4 hrs,also dont forget the 1 hr lunch he adds to bill lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Sonar

I'd have to disagree with you. Are you familiar with Scorpio amplifier repair? He posted a video early on explaining who he was and what it was that he does. Being a marine just happens to be part of who he is and what he does. I didn't get the feeling that mentioning the fact that he is a Marine was in any way done, in order to solicit sympathy jobs. I don't own a transistorized amplifier in need of work but if I did I know who I would send it to. This guy seems honest, extremely knowledgeable, and looks to do top notch repairs. If you're in need of a transistorized amplifier repair or refurbish check out his YouTube channel. 73

Last edited:
Just wanted to put this out there after listening to a couple of the testimonials snakey has been soliciting from his customers on youtube.

The question Tim keeps asking his customers is if he has coerced or forced them to pay for a service that they didn't want done.

NO ONE has ever accused him of that!

The assertion against Tim is that he uses his position of "the expert" to take advantage of people that don't know any better.

Tim's own videos have proved this out. Two different customers said to him on the phone that they trusted his advice, and that since he was "the subject matter expert" that they deferred to his advice.

THIS is what i have been trying to clue people into for a long time now.

It is the same old mechanic scam that has been going on since cars were invented.

mechanic: "you need a new McClannahan flange."

Customer: "Is that going to be expensive?"

mechanic: "yes, but if you don't get it changed, it might fail on you while you are driving in the snow with your grandkids."

Customer: "by all means then. give me the best McClannahan flange you have!"

snakey sells McClannahan flanges.
LC

Fear sells. Thats part of the Constitution here isnt it?

That SWR video made me cringe hard.
Life is a growing process, no doubt about it.

I think if anything this thread and others like it serve a purpose to bring things to light, we would hope people grow and change their ways.

And I think this is a learning process for all of those involved. Sometimes you just have to look back and say: "wow look at how far I've come (or not), I should always remember where I came from (or where I still am)"

Best Regards to All

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.