• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
He does doesn't he....
His site links to one stream but he is on his normal stream.

@Riverman71
If that's the consensus I am cool with it.
I am a guest here after all.
Your right. Ripping his work is one thing.
Looking to see him bust his ass on a chair is over the top.

Windex is an excellent way to clean your radio's exterior. Try it sometimes; removes all finger schumda from painted surfaces perfectly and is unsurpassed in cleaning chrome. Try cleaning you car's bumper with it and prepare to be surprised. But to shower the inside of the radio with a cleaning solution like windex and water is just over the top, since it can cause problems if it isn't completely dried out. In the Arizona 100+ degree temps outside where Tim lives/works; it should be OK if it is left out all day.

Besides rebuilding my own radios, I sometimes have to work on the half dozen computers I've built. When I get a PCI card out of the board. I will blast it with carb cleaner or electrical contact cleaner to ensure the edge of the card that slides into the PCI slot is free of any varnish that may cause a connection problem - as it dries nearly instantly. Also spray its corresponding slot on the motherboard too, and this cures any problems with making connection. Cleaning is necessary with these kinds of components. But to wash off a radio board has more to do with cosmetics and little to do with function - at the cost of risk . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: kaos513
In the Arizona 100+ degree temps outside; it should be OK if it is left out all day.

I can't find any engineer that agrees with you,
Since I am not one I have to rely on the two I know.

The discussion revolves around it not being "okay" just because you get away with it once or twice.
When you have timmy showing a working radio, then washing it, then showing these transformers he had to replace all of a sudden I think it's pretty clear that it does not work as advertised.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Private hmm. That says something.

Yes it does.
I will give Timmy one thing. He isn't to my knowledge charging customers for the video like Lester does.
Now that dude loves hot glue.
Charges a premium to glue your radio together.

Might have some videos of that soon.

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
I can't find any engineer that agrees with you,
Since I am not one I have to rely on the two I know.

The discussion revolves around it not being "okay" just because you get away with it once or twice.
When you have timmy showing a working radio, then washing it, then showing these transformers he had to replace all of a sudden I think it's pretty clear that it does not work as advertised.

I'm not recommending to use water per se; that is why I went the distance to point out that using a cleaner that evaporates rapidly is the better way to go - if anyone needs to do their own chassis cleaning - is all.

I'm not recommending to use water per se; that is why I went the distance to point out that using a cleaner that evaporates rapidly is the better way to go - if anyone needs to do their own chassis cleaning - is all.

Understood.

I just came across a third one.. Mark19960 on YouTube.
He called washing radios with water "bloody stupid" and that there were some "ignorant yanks" that do it.

What about you @Limeybastard ?
Are you a British expat like he is?
I like that guy.

Reactions: KD2GOE
Was hoping this thread could expand to other not so good techs also.

I like Mikes Radio Repair.
I also like Mark19960 but he doesn't fix radios for people he just engineers mods.

I have watched a few people on YouTube and it really is hard to find someone that isn't doing something that is obvious BS.
I will point them out if I find more.

For gods sake people he is loving this negative attention. This used to be a radio forum now all it is who can we talk shit about today!!!
Information is power. And while this seems like so much abuse, it is just not that alone. It is the combined effort to expose practices that are less than acceptable. Do you feel that the general radio hobby audience should be protected? Well then; so do I. Some of it is a bit off topic, but mostly it is just meant to be informative.

Last edited:
So should the radio community police its own?
I think I should and those that take advantage should be run out and exposed.

Reactions: KD2GOE
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.