• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Information should never stop.

I submit the reason that snake oil salespeople have been allowed to thrive is because of the lack of information.
When we let the snake oil salespeople control the narrative, everyone loses.

The problem with all of this digital crap is that it goes to shit too easily.

I believe that ultimately in a situation where people need to communicate the best medium is going to be single sideband on HF.
It's not a matter of if - but when - we have a disaster.
Look at Texas. Think cellphones are going to work when there is a disaster that takes half those cell sites down and the rest are crushed under the load?
So we turn to HF and ultimately single sideband.

Look, I don't want to sound like one of those doomsday preppers but when you have these people jacking radios up so that you can't understand each other it's not helping but hurting.

And the people that want that done are being told they need it by the same people that are jacking them up.

@CB Kidd says we need to control the narrative.
I agree.
Nothing wrong with enjoying radio. But if we do it right it will be there when we need it.

Reactions: silver devil
Comedy hour.

Timmy replacing the LCD backlight reflector with paper.
I already made one phone call and got laughter. Apparently the while film on the back is not something that can simply be replaced with paper since it has certain properties.
Need to make more calls. But that's pretty funny.
Paper in your LCD screen. lovely.

I'm not recommending to use water per se; that is why I went the distance to point out that using a cleaner that evaporates rapidly is the better way to go - if anyone needs to do their own chassis cleaning - is all.
Yes, I think the concerns of pH come to mind, windex can contain ammonia, a strong base, vinegar a dilute form of acetic acid.. The chemicals, if not neutralized can lead to advanced oxidation or corrosion of metals..

Anything besides a "light" solvent (alcohol, denatured alcohol) should probably be avoided, I'd hate to melt anything or erase solder mask/parts designators; so 99% isopropyl is what I use.

Reactions: Robb
Yes, I think the concerns of pH come to mind, windex can contain ammonia, a strong base, vinegar a dilute form of acetic acid.. The chemicals, if not neutralized can lead to advanced oxidation or corrosion of metals..

Anything besides a "light" solvent (alcohol, denatured alcohol) should probably be avoided, I'd hate to melt anything or erase solder mask/parts designators; so 99% isopropyl is what I use.
Yeah, I guess you can use alcohol. Thing is, alcohol sucks water right out of the air and mixes, so there is still water in it. You can read the percentage of alcohol/water right on the side of the bottle contents.

Compressed air is a great place to start to remove the dust bunnies and other loose crap. Then I hit it with carb cleaner or contact cleaner using care not to spray on any plastic part, as they will be softened by it.

Last edited:
.....Thing is, alcohol sucks water right out of the air.. Then I hit it with carb cleaner or contact cleaner using care not to spray on any plastic part, as they will be softened by it.
I like 99% isopropyl alcohol no softening plastics, thanks for the compressed air suggestion though.

Last edited:
You know, the City of Chandler does have a web form to report an unlicensed business:

http://www.chandleraz.gov/surveys/TakeSurvey.aspx?SurveyID=74LI5nl

Too bad they require a known address. I suppose a PO box could work. Putting an 800 number on the form couldn't hurt.

Also, I understand the IRS likes to hear about people that are less than forthcoming about their earnings:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3949a.pdf

Anyone who would pursue this be warned. You'd be depriving CB Kidd of raw material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.