• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Snake Radio Customs calls out Mike's Radio Repair LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark's day job is the design and programming of embedded processors and industrial control systems.

Makes me wonder if the moron has the skill to brick a 12-dollar prepay phone.

Had a conversation with Mark a while back. Had a good time shooting the breeze about computer design and embedded programming. My background in that stuff dates to the early 80s, and my embedded-programming skills are now decades out of date.

But Mark is the real McCoy.

And I can tell.

Reactions: tecnicoloco
Thanks @nomadradio for your insight.
I had some people I know that are engineers review his work and they came to the same conclusion.

That said, I have an EPIC snake oil customs video processing right now.
He set a video public that he probably should not have.
Either it's an accident or self sabotage. I have no idea which.

Oh my god.

Something tells me that Timmah! did not mean to make that public.
Even if he intended it for a customer he is literally telling a customer to buy a can of deoxit and move on?

And that channel board that he burned up... oh design change that now causes the channel selector to act weird?

I am speechless.

I don't know who is lying there. Lester or Tim.
If it was working right and now it's working incorrectly and it's a software issue then Lester needs to step up and fix it.

Reactions: silver devil
the kit I bought years ago for my 142gtl worked great and I installed it myself with no issues and I am NO tech.

I can't speak to that.
The problem with it is that the thread is titled "snake radio customs calls out mikes radio repair" so that's where the topic pretty much has been.

We can have a whole other discussion about Jokerman Electronics and his questionable practices, which is actually on par with Timmy. The guy may be a dunce but he at least isn't washing radios out with city water. He is just a screwdriver. Turn stuff and hope for the best.

Timmy just has a far larger scam operation going but the community has taken that scam down several pegs just in the last week. More of his customers are contacting me and turning into former customers once they learn that they have been victims of a butcher job.

I want to out more scammers and butchers but people have to submit them to me.
Then I take notes and run those by some engineer friends on the subjects I am not sure of. Then they watch it and point out the bullshit.

The scammers are getting smart. The smart ones don't do half hour videos of what they are doing or run live streams. They will do "tune up reports" that last 1 to 2 minutes but don't show anything. Those are the guys that need to be targeted because where there is smoke there is fire. And there is a lot of smoke rising from "Bells" and "Trucks".

So what I have been trying to do is find someone that would look over a radio that I would send to a butcher shop and have it butchered deliberately.
I would need to send it to that person where they would put it thru a battery of tests and record the current working condition.
Then we send it to the butcher.
When I get it back I need to put it back in that same persons' hands and run the tests again, and record the results.

But one radio does not establish a pattern. It's not like Timmy where I have about 400 videos over 4 years. Another reason his math doesn't work on his supposed workload...

I have a VERY short list and neither one of the two that I think are reputable will do it.
One told me to "get stuffed you stupid muppet" and the other ignored me.
So that project is stalled for the moment. The problem is people with technical expertise and familiarity with CB radios.
BELLS...

Well some good news is that my video calling out timmy for shafting a customer resulted in him doing the right thing.

His comment on my call-out video:

Look, I am fixing all these issues that it has because it is an old build and it was done over 5 yrs ago. FOR FREE NO CHARGE because he is a veteran. It was not ORIGINALLY SOLD BY ME to the customer. The customer sent in the radio to me! No one else warranty`s this kind of thing for free no way no how and you know it iM the only softee and I take care of veterans radio`s for them. So once again your wrong about me and how the F could you disrespect me buy saying stuff about my vet`s jobs man that is low for sure. He was on a tight budget and the mode switch was just fine when it left here originally just a little worn. I will swap it out tomorrow if I can find a better one in my parts stash, if not it will not get done. And Look, what is wrong with spraying an old control with deoxit? These old radios are like old cars you need to maintain them now and again. And yes it was my fault I left in the gray wire in and caused a board failure!! I made a mistake and I am man enough to admit it!! I admit my mistakes. He will be getting a new les board and this one will be sent to les for updating. This board was installed when les still had the dll line wire boards. Now no more dll wire he has a new version. I said what I said because the guy is wanting it back yesterday and it had been here for about 6 months now. Well it was not supposed to be her that long and he is trying to hurry me so of course I am under big pressure to get it out to him AT MY EXPENSE once again for a VET! I just called the customers Liaison and told him what was going on and he is a friend of mine who has had over 10 radios done by me. It will not be leaving for cali tomorrow un till it is done. Video will be up tomorrow showing everything that will be swapped and fixed. I jumped the gun on saying it would have to stay this way or in other words nothing could be done RIGHT NOW and I forgot to add AT THIS TIME There again I mis spoke and made a mistake It was going to come back to me when I could afford another les board and I was going to have them send it back to me at MY EXPENSE when I had another board and at that time I would take care of it all. Well I do have one now. I found another board in a box I had not gone through when I moved last time. END OF STORY PEROIOD. So Stop lying about me man you are nothing but lies and hearsay and conjecture You NEVER bought a radio from me nor did your friend. I have asked you to prove you did with a picture or pictures and or some of our email correspondence of the the radio that i supposedly sold to you. You claim it was 959 and the transformers were bad from me cleaning it out. YOUR WRONG again. I have never once taken my cleaner and water to a 959 for ANY REASON I have never sold A USED 959 TO ANYONE. The only time it is done is when a radio is VERY DIRTY and or smells like smoke and cannot be cleaned by an air gun completly. The customer gives the final ok for me to do what I need to do to make it clean and functional again and good for another 20 yrs if they do not want it done its up to them NOT ME. And also the `10 turns I do it is 25.00 not 60 you liar. Man your such a liar.

So there are a few problems as any sane person can see.....
1. Calling me out for "bullying his vets jobs" so he can play the "your picking on veterans" card is disgraceful.
Real veterans should call this shmuck out on it.
Once again, I never mentioned veterans, he never mentioned veterans...
He injects "veterans" into it.

2. Now he is going to replace the switch?
Great!

3. He can't afford a new board that he burned up?
Guess he isn't as busy as he says.

4. I don't own a 959. I have no idea where these guys keep getting this.

5. There is nothing wrong with spraying a control with deoxit.
He told this customer to buy a can and keep spraying it to keep the radio working.

I am sure you guys will find this turn of events tragic.
When someone has to make a video like I did to call attention to a customer getting OPENLY SCAMMED it's bad. Very bad.

So are you of the opinion that limiters being removed is starting to become a thing of the past here in the states?
Since I have been looking at CB butchers most of them claim to not cut limiters or mess with the second harmonic traps.
On really old radios, I assume some had to be "clipped" to "sound loud", that is early CB's w/ no adjust points, a quick hack to "open it up" must have been all the craze!!

Cobra 29 LTD, people clip D-11 when adjusting the VR is good enough for more "swang".... A real tech doesn't like to see over-modulation on the 'scope, and would not disable the AMC by removing or adding parts, now if we are talking modifications, well that is a whole different ball game.

Old-time or ignorant or stubborn/set-in-their-way type people may prefer an "opened up radio", sad as that is, shops have been hacking radios for years, people are used to "loud n proud" but the new generation is more aware and want less distortion while keeping "Ultra-Modulation" %'s that is why Asymod/ MMM Mauldulator boards are becoming popular.

A.M. is bigger than SSB in the states, on 11 meters anyway; people want a loud sounding station... :whistle:
(Likewise I want my station to "punch through", but when i'm talking on channel 28 I don't want to bleed-into/interfere with channels 27 & 29)

Last edited:
Again what is this AM everyone talks about?:whistle:
Some old thing a few seabee radios are known to use. Oh yeah them side band radios ain't no fun, too much "tuning" and they ain't even got a "Key"; how am I gonna "cover mud ducks" if the radio can't even "throw a dead key"?

Maybe I am going too far, I actually love my old AM seabee radios, w9cll.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.