1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Still a work in progress...

Discussion in 'Station & Mobile Pics' started by Blackcat630, Jan 30, 2017.

1. 6meter

6meter
    Expand Collapse

That tower represents a lot of your hard work and I hope brings you a ton of good DX. :)

Also just to be clear not trying to be snarky about your project..

Just looking at the wind load of the antenna plus including the wind load and weight of the mast and coax. Also thinking about two yagis that can torque the tower from side to side in the wind. Then the roughly 14 foot of mast above the tower and the 24 foot Imax gives a lot of vertical height for the tower to hold against wind.

Blackcat630 likes this.

2. Blackcat630

Blackcat630
    Expand Collapse

No "snarkieness taken" I appreciate your observation. I have considered the house bracket as a future project before the summer storm season arrives. One good thing is usually all the winds we get come out of the west so if it ever did fall it would come down on my house and not my neighbors. I would HATE to see this happen however so some structural reinforcement is definitely something to consider!

3. Strictly Business

Strictly Business
    Expand Collapse

I'm one who appreciates attention to detail and I have to say I'm impressed with yours. Very nice looking setup all the way around.

Blackcat630 likes this.