• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Stryker 955 or Galaxy 94HP?

In the end it comes down to what you want and need. If you are going to wail away on AM with the echo set in trucker mode then the Galaxy is your radio hands down. If you want a processor controlled radio that sounds superb on SSB and can hold it's own on AM then the Stryker is the logical choice. When you consider the other features like scan, memory, offset freqs, and USB programable it's game set and match for the Stryker.

I'd go with the 955. The knobs do feel a little flimsy but this is also true for the Magnum radios. I remember everyone complaining about the knobs and calling the radio low quality based on that. The knobs are still on my S9 over 7 years later. If you use a hammer to change channels you might go with the galaxy. The RX on the 955 is sensitive some may call that noisy. Using the RF gain and the high cut filter I have no complaints about the RX.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.