• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Superstar 4900B

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
I was wondering if anyone out here has ever tinkered with one of these they look very nice there is a superstar model and a president model there the same radio from what I know. I have one and it needs some repairs. I need to know if there is a tech out here that has experience with these and anyone else that knows anything about these if there ok or a headache??? I will have it fixed and will see what research information tells me and selling it or keeping it will depend on that. Thanks for any information.

Hey Native whats shakin bud??? Hey this one needs work it looks brand new but the guy that had it tried plugging a rci mic into it and it screwed what im thinking is probally the audio chip but they took the finals and relay out so it needs them forsure. It looks like a really neet little HF wanna be radio but is lodaed with features. What is the sideband dilema with these can you tell me a little more?? And who did yours up for you?? I wont mess with this thing to many little parts diodes and then some. Well Im looking forward to getting her on the air but IM A SIDEBANDER SO ITS GOTTA SOUND CHOICE ON SIDEBAND . After yours was straightend out it was ok on side band???

a local tech thats is good with suface mount boards fixed mine. there fine on sideband just from EEI it wasnt :) but now its right on freq and nice and clear.

there is voltage on number 6 pin for the stock mic thats what happen when they plugged that rci mic in. only way to screw it up.

im sure if you dont have a local person to fix yours up justin could probly fix that thing up real nice for you.

the high cut filter is great. and to make it like cb or just show freq.'s is just a simple jumper in side. you can get that info @ www.cbtricks.com.

hey native do you have a number for the manufacture of these radios?? I wanna chack availability of parts before I start sticking money into this thing it looks like new so if need be it will go into the swap section it lights up and all functions work so I may have it looked at and go from there.

i sent them an email. I see they have another version of this radio. I dont know about any of you guys but I be damned if I buy anything exspecially electronic deviced with a model number that starts with BS LMAO :?

LOL checkthis out wouldnt ya know gee how convenient Delivery unsuccessful: Mailbox has exceeded the limit

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<maycom1@maycom.com.hk>

The size of this mailbox has exceeded the mailbox limit

well if i sell this one ill let ya know its like new looking and your the only one I know that has one that could use the parts. I have the box along with it its really a nice radio I hope I can get it going though

I like that coded squelch too.tho I never had anyone else to use it with :( I have the same problem w/mine on SSB.Mine also
was the infamous :?: EEI turbo-tuned version. It made several
trips back just before they folded! I keep thinking one of these days I'll send it off and get it squared away,BUT.......
It was one cool design that just took a big ol dump at the
cost of manufacturing cost in my opinion?
I still fire it up and TX/RX on it just to keep it functional;for
what it's worth. I'd hate to sell it,got too much in it,would take
a hell of a loss if I did :cry:
Keep us posted Tony.Slim CDX285

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.