• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Superstar 4900B

I called Justin lastnight about it. He said that a common problem was people blowing out the proccessor in the radios. I figured it out before talkinto him. I looked at a schematic and noticed pin 6 on mic socket was a 13.8 volt and I could not imagine how many people would have messed them proccessors up by wiring mics wrong or saying gee Ill plug my RCI Mic in considering its the same 6 pin set up. Well NOT!!!!

well this ones going to Justin the shop in Madison Wisconsin cant fix it because its to high tech for there shop hmmmm????

Well if its to high Tech they need to upgrade their skills or get out of the business huh? I am sure Justin can fix it no problem.

"""Well if its to high Tech they need to upgrade their skills or get out of the business """ LMAO thats what I said but this is one of those old upstairs from the truck stop shopslol does that fill in the blanks???

Its almost done Im looking forward to getting it back there waiting on a few small parts but the cpu is in :D they have none of these radios in stock but in fall will have some available they are the same radio but have the original manufactuers name on them which is Maycam but as I said there the exact radio. Anyone interested in these units let me mknow and I can check on availability and pricing or atleast get a ballpark figure. Im thinkin if we get enough people that want them I can get a better deal on a quanity order. They say there good radios but the biggest problem is people trying to plug rci 2950 mics in because it looks to be the same well they find out fast that its not when the cpu blows out. The reason for this is theres a 13.8 volt pin on one of those mic pins and well you can just imagine the rest. Anyways I ll be sitting eagerly to receive the radio my like that radio alot so it will be his.

i just got my original back from the guy i sold it to. gonna use it this week end for field day. it has a upgraded power supply and a few other odds and ends that were less than dedireable from the factory. been running 4 years now, without a problem got it from the old EEI before that went down hill.

Reactions: Merlin681
4900b

hello everyone.
new on the site,got a feeling I'm gonna be a regular visitor!
anyway,found this site doing a search on the SS4900b,cos I've got hold of 1,though it's a little faulty.
now,I've seen mention of an SSB fault in this thread,and so not to bias any answer I'm not gonna reveal the SSB fault mine has just yet,but can anyone be a little more specific about said SSB fault??
any help GRATEFULLY recieved

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.