• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Texas Ranger TR-966

unfournately theres not many choices for cb with sbb. although theres a few
great export models out there. if ya wanna stndard cb id look at ebay for a used one
or here on this fourm theres a used gear section

I've looked at several export radios, but not having my ham ticket I just prefer a standard CB. I thought I was gonna love the Connex 566 but it got a bad review on CB Radio Magazine. And the OEM report of the Uniden 980 by Bells CB on youtube is awful.
Not sure if any choices are left.

In the last 2 days I have received unsolicited complements on the audio on my radio. One from a needle bender in CA yesterday and a station from Germany today. The German station was operating a Kenwood base unit.

rci-2970n2 are in short supply but should be available in a few months.
They are simple but seem to send clean signals

In the last 2 days I have received unsolicited complements on the audio on my radio. One from a needle bender in CA yesterday and a station from Germany today. The German station was operating a Kenwood base unit.

rci-2970n2 are in short supply but should be available in a few months.
They are simple but seem to send clean signals

I got interested in the Connex 566 SSB radio because Connex seems to have a good reputation with its 10 meter rigs. But the darn things has apparently already been discontinued for some reason. There are a few still out there but am leary now.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.