• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Todd" runs new Ham off 28.425

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Echo and roger beeps in the amateur bands:

Though I don't agree with their usage, can anyone post the section of 47 CFR 97 that specifically prohibits a licensed amateur from utilizing such? And I'm not interested in Todd's or anyone else's "subjective" opinion...just the facts. In writing. From the FCC.

Reactions: 2 people
Re: Echo and roger beeps in the amateur bands:

Though I don't agree with their usage, can anyone post the section of 47 CFR 97 that specifically prohibits a licensed amateur from utilizing such? And I'm not interested in Todd's or anyone else's "subjective" opinion...just the facts. In writing. From the FCC.

Too much to paste here you go:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/47/97.113

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: 1 person
wavrider,
Been there, done that. Any more would just be a duplication of effort, I'm too lazy. I'm now concentrating on the 'WAT' award! That's the 'Worked All Toasters', and has three divisions, local, national, and international (for those countries that have toasters).
- 'Doc

(As for 'Todd', ignore the twit. You find 'those' kind'a people all over, and he's not even a good example of a bad example.)

I recalled another thread where we were discussing 80 meters and collecting OOAN cards, I laughed when you posted trying to get WAS for OOAN:D

Good luck on WAT

Read this entire thread

I have took a sleep break and I do have a garden of 7 tomato plants, 1 squash, and 2 cucumbers that I have been outside getting fresh air, so now let me start off by saying. I have read the entire thread, I posted "likes" on the ones I could stomach. It reads to me just like some guys who think they can trash me into agreeing with them. You want to Chide me into doing things your way or the highway but I have a newsflash, just because you think I am a Poor Operator, that is NOT the case. I recently received the ARRL OO to the FCC GOR(Good Operater Report Card).They ONLY send those out in special cases to Operators who operate above reproach. That would be me...hihi.

Since I recieved that GOR, I might have gotten a little more confidence but nothing to the extent of what you guys are talking about. Poor Operating Practices? LID? ASS ? You guys are on the verge of being Delusional! Good Grief...

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Attachments

• KC4TVZGoodOOReport.jpg
    KC4TVZGoodOOReport.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 325
You did not answer any of the questions I asked you.
Not one, you just post another piece of paper for us to see.
Your Actions on the air speak volumes about you.

Do you think it is Good Amateur operating practice to run a new amateur radio operator off of ten meters and tell him to come back when he has a 10 10 number.
Simple yes or no answer will do.

Jeff

Roger Beeps and ECHO

There maybe a list of illegal export radios on the FCC website many of them do the Roger Beep and ECHO, so it maybe safeto say, if a station has a Roger Beep and ECHO they are using one of these illegal radios. On top of all that, if they are using these radios on 10 Meters, it could be a non FCC type accepted radio and a 99.9% chance the Audio Limiter has been cut with a pair of wire cutters.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Last edited:
Again, you do not answer the question.
Legal ten meter radio`s have nothing to do with this thread, even if you are completely wrong on the subject.
I will let someone else school you on what is legal to be used on Ten Meters, please answer the question I posted.

Do you think it is Good Amateur operating practice to run a new amateur radio operator off of ten meters and tell him to come back when he has a 10 10 number.
Simple yes or no answer will do.

Jeff

It is NOT my responsibily to be on a welcoming committee to New Amateur Radio Operators who had their Licence handed to them on a silver platter. What would be wrong with asking the newbies to get some respect for the long time Amateur Radio Operators who had it much harder than they do now a days? I did QUIT being a W5YI Volunteer Examiner when I realized how EASY it was for newbies to get their license these days. I personally wanted to have no futher part in this give away.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

My 2009 New Years Resolution was to stop talking on the CB, just so I could be a ARRL Official Observer to the FCC. Had to clean my act up, so I could send out a OOAN Card to a New Ham...

. YES, I believe OO are NARKS and that is why I am NO longer a OO ... the OO Program is pretty much a JOKE that is used to SCARE. I only have my OO Certificate posted to my QRZ page to let other NARKS know I am wise to their game.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

from the OO/AA website:

Q. I got an OO card in the mail! What do I do now?

A. First, don't worry: This is not a citation!The OO postcard is simply a friendly note to alert you to possible equipment factors or operating practices. Remember, OOs are friendly helper-advisors, not the "radio police"!

don't worry action is being taken concerning your OO/AA membership too:D

Reactions: 1 person
That about wraps it up for me, I think I am done with this thread.
If anyone cares to read through the 19 or so pages of comments here, Todd has Painted a very clear picture of himself and his operating "style" on the air.
I do not know how the Ten Ten Board of Directors or it`s members feel, I would not want him representing me in any way , shape or form on the radio.

For anyone that is new to this hobby and stumbles across this thread in the future, do not judge Amateur radio on the actions of this one operator, you will find that in general, most of us are open to new Hams, and encourage you to get on the air, regardless if you have a 10-10 number or not.
Not all of us act like this.

Jeff

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.