• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Toll_Frees weak station

Toll_Free

Shoot, I don't know if this will work, but heres some pics of the inside of the beginnings of my shack.... Stole a corner of the garage, and sharing it with the spiders (if anyone knows a good way, non-supertoxic (ie, no bombs from raid, etc) to get rid of spiders, lemme know!!!!!) but, it gets it's name called.. A lot.

Enjoy. If it doesn't work, the yahoo album is:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/toll_free_1800/album?.dir=f9b4scd&.src=ph I hope.

Yahoo blows.... I'll fix it later, but there ya go... Lots-o-pics of the station and tubes.

Enjoy.

--Toll_Free

Unit 194 said:
Nice Shack.

I especially like the SB-220 "baby driver".

LOL..............

When I had the 5K tube in a grid driven box, it would only take about 175 to 180 watts PEP in. That gives about 20dB gain.

When run class C, I'd have to hit the SB220 with nearly 300 watts (it isn't stock... Although it does run clean, it has a switchable bias.......) to get it to drive the tube hard enough.

--Toll_Free

oh, and for the spiders, use Demon WP. You get it at feed stores and what-not. It is a wettable powder so it leaves a residue for like 2 months, and trust me, it works. I have used it myself and was very happy with the results. And it has no smell. About $18 for 4 packets I think.

443 said:
oh, and for the spiders, use Demon WP. You get it at feed stores and what-not. It is a wettable powder so it leaves a residue for like 2 months, and trust me, it works. I have used it myself and was very happy with the results. And it has no smell. About $18 for 4 packets I think.

Thanks for the info.

You've seen all this crap before..... It's the same stuff that went into storage when I left Texas and moved out here. Finally got somewhere to put it up :)

Thanks for the info on the spiders. I'll look into it. California has wierd laws on pesticides / etc., so I might need to send you some $$$ :) lol

See your old Kenwood mounted and active? :) Told ya I was usin it? You register that burban yet? (443 was the person that ended up with my superstar DC motorcar when I left Houston).

Later, my friend... Been fun, I gotta run. School soon.

--Toll_Free

Glad to see you are getting some use out of that old junk. Mine has a thick coat of dust on it. That old SB-220 still working good? I seen them on ebay for high $$$.

As for the burban, nah, got too many other projects, it's still sittin up. Maybe some day, but honestly I thought about just parting it out. Those old burbans are getting extremely cheap in these parts. I could always get another one that needs less work.

I got a 92 ext cab chevy that's an old beater truck that could use a good radio setup for cruising the highways and keeping the miles off my 2004 chevy. Got a DX 99V, Dave Made 4 pill, but I think I want a brand new DX1600 for it. I think it will fit nice where I want to mount it.

I do got an El Camino (I know you like those). PM me I will send you some links to have a look at it. I don't really care for them myself, but my girlfriend wanted it so we got it, it aint done yet, but don't like much. Might be wanting to sell it later on after it's done if she don't drive it much.

Keep in touch, hope to hear you on the radio sometime, we locals run 21 am.

Toll_Free said:
Shoot, I don't know if this will work, but heres some pics of the inside of the beginnings of my shack.... Stole a corner of the garage, and sharing it with the spiders (if anyone knows a good way, non-supertoxic (ie, no bombs from raid, etc) to get rid of spiders, lemme know!!!!!) but, it gets it's name called.. A lot.
Enjoy.

--Toll_Free

Nice shack/photos! what do you have under the microphone sock, reg. 104 or a custom job?

Re: Spiders, non-toxic-

small, tiny spiders = thumb
larger spiders = foot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.