• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Tri Mag Mount

I don't know why you'd want to go from a 102 to a wilson if you didn't have to.
if I wouldn't snap off a 102 when I enter the garage I'd still be running one.

Reactions: Robb
won't work. my garage door opening is 74". that only leaves about 18" of clearance over my roof. I even knock off the wilson from time to time, and I creep into the garage.
I listen for the wilson when I pull in and use it as a reference for where to stop, when the antenna goes BOING and snaps back up, hitting the roof trusses, I'm in. too much more and I start breaking the fluorescents.

I've considered tying one over, but I'm not sure how that would work out broadcasting. or of the legality of it. the tie down might be considered a vision obstruction.
otherwise I'd have to mount it just inches off the ground to even think of pulling in the garage..

Last edited:
Diamond K400 doesn't use a rain gutter.

Those are actually a very good mount and will handle a 102 whip if mounted properly. I used one on the vertical edge of a hatch door on an SUV for many years. It even held a 10 1/2 foot antenna with a heavy rigid fiberglass bottom half and a flexible whip on the top half.

Problem with the new F150's is that one of the ridges is on the center line of the roof, to put the mount between two ridges would require putting the antenna off center.

One other thing is that the new 2015 F150s have aluminum body panels and that includes the roof.

I've considered tying one over, but I'm not sure how that would work out broadcasting. or of the legality of it. the tie down might be considered a vision obstruction.
otherwise I'd have to mount it just inches off the ground to even think of pulling in the garage..
Wont work tied down, SWR will be threw the roof...Have to be able to let it stand back up to talk...

Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.