• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Trucker radios.

Where I work I see a LOT of trucks and deal with drivers everyday. I have seen many trucks with several different array of antennas. So far I haven't seen any other transceivers besides the CB in the cab. I've noticed some put their own CB antennas up on the mirrors and leave the antennas and mounts that came with the truck (when they got it).
Now I have seen TV antennas, at truck stops, that look like the other CB antennas in design and style but shorter. Heck I seen many trucks with several antennas with no coax attached to them and others with no transceivers what so ever.
I'll also point out that scanners and radar detectors are prohibited in such vehicles (federal regulation). However I'm sure a few have them both. :D

I hear alotr of them on 2 simplex.... 146.52 and 146.54 and alot on 40 mtrs...hf radios are getting so small and amps are too...the mfj amertron als500 is about as big as a texas star 250...and the work and last...73s de JW

In Michigan, there's a linked repeater system that covers most of the state on 2m/1.25/70cm/33cm/22cm.

I've talked to a couple truckers on it.

W8HVG linked repeater system. (y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio