• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

true linear for am cb

Stay away from the 667 or 667V, that 2290 in front of the 4 2879`s is just too much.
I use a T/S 500 on 10 and 12 meters with just enough drive to develop @300/350 out on SSB and have not had a problem.
I agree It needs a stiffer bias supply, but if you keep the amp running cool and do not drive it hard it is acceptable for use in the Mobile.
There is a Member here that has made up a nice regulated bias setup that works well, he even built some boards that you could stuff and install....now if we could just get him to make some more and sell them... right Bob?
Anyway, this is in the wrong area soo.....

Jeff

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't splatter with an Xforce??? Hmmm

It is quite possible that you are creating some out of band spurs that you just do not know about.
They are not always just a few channels away, they might be somewhere else entirely.

Jeff

I agree with you Audioshockwave that the driver is a bit much. I padded the heck out of the driver section. Changed the input on of the driver. Had a higher input than I liked. The bias circuit, used a regulator and pass transistor with a variable voltage control. It still heats up so I decided to fabricate a metal shroud and install a fan to blow on heatsink. I still may remove driver section to see how it does. But it runs cooler now.

drive

That is correct. the drive is very important
i keep it @ 25-33% 4- mrf 455 in the golden
eagle. the drive is cut back on the mirage 36
21/2 watts . carrier on the amp is 70 watts
with pep of roughly 22o watts. you can tell
no difference with the amp on or off. no
distortion. as i said earlier the radio is @ factory
specs. limiter intact.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.