• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Turner plus 3 mic problem

Alright, I'l check out the mic converter.

If the converter plus is a single contained unit; then there is no messing with it. It all really comes down to how the mic plug on the mic itself - has been configured. Will depend on the model of RoadTalker and what mic wiring it will require for your model/mfr of RoadTalker you have. BTW - what is the model #?

Oh, I had forgot to mention that I tried another mic with the converter. It worked just fine, only problem is the mic was electronic switching when the sears uses relay.

Could be wrong; but it could be a Uniden chassis built radio - which is v.cool. Supposed to be the same chassis as the Cobra 146 GTL (NOT to be confused with a 148 GTL), or the same as a Uniden PC-122XL. The difference is that your radio uses a DIN 5-pin mic plug:
din5.gif

So your converter plug changes the 5-pin DIN plug for the standard 4-pin Cobra/Uniden/Ranger/Galaxy/etc...

BTW - that radio uses electronic switching - NOT relay switching to go from receive to transmit . . .

Can be a problem for a beginner to re-wire the mic to work for the radio. Not impossible; just difficult.

Mic plug looks like this?
images

Then you might try wiring the Turner mic to that plug like this:
pin 1 - shield wire
pin 2 - white wire
pin 3 - black wire
pin 4 - red wire
Other mic wires - no connections.

Last edited:
Yeah, the end of my mic plug is the standard four prong. My converter changes the end to a 5 prong din plug, wich is what my radio takes. My radio also does have the cobra 146gtl board. Btw the mic transmitted when it was NOT keyed and recieved when I keyec (in other words it was the opposite). but it swapped to normal in the relay position (the turner can switch between relay and electronic). So I thought my radio was relay.

dxChat
Help Users