• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ULTIMATE MOBILE

Yeah I didn't really look at all the numbers, it all works good, but yeah...is it 'worth it'? That does get tough to say.

I have the stand by W4RT and just purchased a Dinkey paddlette. I would like to have the OBP for the mic but, can't see spending like $140 for the kit and installation.

I bought the OBP for my 817 and installed it myself, very detailed direction, very easy to do, if you can solder!

Works on my 897 also!

I loaned it to a friend who has the 817 and wow what a difference in the audio!

very worth the 50 bucks for the OBP!

Next item will be the INRAD SSB filter 2.0, blows away the yaesu ssb filter and w4rt filter

You have a tiny head and a wierd hairy neck.

BAD 74 :) although very nice set up :) Makes me kind of wonder ? My little cell phone works pretty good and doesn't take up much more room then a pack of smokes, don't think I would have to go through all of that . I go to a few ham radio fuctions every now and then , I really trip on those guys with there little radios on there belts and there clip on mic's or walking around with there head sets on . I guess you just got to be one to know one ? It just has always seemed somewhat weird to me. This is not to take away from your set up here
KI4MSJ , because I do think you did a fine job.

I understand where your coming from and your right it is kind of wierd. I have been reading on many websites that are dedicated to this type of operation and found it very interesting with it's many installation problem as related to mobile ops. Each installation has there own unigue problems. I guess I have alot more time on my hands than I thought but, it does make for an interesting experiment. Not only was it fun setting up but when you key up as aa bike mobile, watch out for the pile ups that it will create. Although there are alot of bike ops out there, how ofton do you hear one. I guess it was just one more thing to try. My wife thinks I am crazy and totally obsessed. I'm beginning to think she's right. OH MY GOD, I'm turning into one of THOSE guys. Next thing you know I will be wearing a pocket protecter and horned rim glasses with the tape. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.