• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Uniden Bearcat 980's are IN!

cbradiomagazine.com

2008 - 2014 / Pau Hana
Jan 3, 2007
Distributors have them, they should be hitting shops and stores within a day or two!

I'm guessing retail will be somewhere between the Cobra 148 and Galaxy 959.

Get ready!

ZMAN I'll let you know, just ordered one to play with.
FTL Distributing has them for 149 and a flat 9.99 shipping here in the US. There is a chance I might have it by Saturday.

Hey I'm one of the goofy guy that bought the first Alpha radios with the RF Rain control and paid almost 300, so for half the price and Uniden on the front even if it isn't what I expect I can always use it in the garage for a Jack Stand.

Ive learned that you never buy the first run of anything, LOL. Usually the first run of anything has bugs..

Well ZMAN that's why everybody is different, I like the new stuff just to work the bugs out of them, from cars to radios to anything, the challenge to me makes it all fun and exciting. Without a challange in life I would be a very bored person.:tongue:

Its just how i roll man... Call me mr pessimist!!! I just have a funny gut feeling about the 980. I don't know why, but i do.... I HOPE it turns out to be a WINNER as we need a decent regular SSB CB for those that don't want a fancy export or 10 meter rig, but then again i don't know...
EAGERLY AWAITING to see who gets one and hops on here with the results!!!!!!

Mine got shipped UPS today, got the tracking info so it's on it's way, shame tomorrow is Friday, guess it won't be here until next week. After watching the video on the AM model doesn't look like there is much to do to make it talk better, hope it can have some kind of channel mod at a later but in the mean time I will use it here on the base antenna to compair it to the other radios here stacked up in the corner LOL

Mine got shipped UPS today, got the tracking info so it's on it's way, shame tomorrow is Friday, guess it won't be here until next week. After watching the video on the AM model doesn't look like there is much to do to make it talk better, hope it can have some kind of channel mod at a later but in the mean time I will use it here on the base antenna to compair it to the other radios here stacked up in the corner LOL

Make a video of the radio when you get It

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.