• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UPGRADING THE CTE INTERNATIONAL LW-150

BM : YOUR VERSION IS FAR SUPERIOR BUILT QUAILITY ! HANDS DOWN ! I TOOK THE WHOLE ANTENNA ASSEMBLY OUT OF THE BOX AND SAW THE THICKNESS OF THE TUBES , THEY ARE REALLY CHEAPLY MADE. THEY SHOULD OF CONSIDERED THE SIZE OF THIS ANTENNA. IF U WOULD OF PRODUCED THAT ANTENNA , I WOULD DEFIANTLY BUY YOUR PRODUCT THAN THIS PIECE OF CRAP, !!!!BUT I HAVE TO MAKE DUE TO WHAT I HAVE. I HOPE THIS ANTENNA DOES MY PURPOSE SINCE I HAVE A HILL NW OF MY HOUSE . THERES NO LINE OF SIGHT IF I WENT ON THE ROOF BUT TREES AND HILL . SE OF ME IS THE ATLANTIC OCEAN , LINE OF SIGHT IS SWEET. I CAN SEE THE OCEAN ABOUT 100 MILES , IM ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE HILL. IM HOPING THIS ANTENNA WOULD DO THE TRICK ! THE ONLY THING THAT BOTHERS ME IS , PEOPLE CLAIM THAT THIS ANTENNA IS A 1/2 WAVE J POLE . PRETTY LARGE FOR A HALF WAVE. I MIGHT BE WRONG , IM STARTING TO LEARN ABOUT ANTENNAS
I MEANT 1/2 WAVE J POLE , ELECTRICALLY

Booty I like.your antenna.so much I saved it as a favorite in YouTube. It's a keeper ! I did not see a need to beef up the bottom of my antenna. I bought a Victor 4000 hardware kit from H&Y . I broke the.bottom bracket during the tear down of my antenna and had them send me.a new one. It came on the bottom piece of the raditor of a Vector 4000. The tubing is a little thicker. It's a shorter pice than the CTE LW150. I just adjusted the overall length of the antenna to match Marconi's instruction sheet ( with the hand written measurements.) I wish I would of made a bottom bracket like yours. Could have saved the money. I made the mistake of buying the V4k top hat. I did not use it. Moore wasted money. Just needed to beef up the top part. Changed out the sheet metal screws for stainless steel machine screws. In the end I got what I wanted . Just wish I knew what I was doing. I have pictures on my computer . I do not understand how to upload them to my thread to show anyone who's interested and, post a link to my YouTube vedieo. Thumbs Up to all the Sigma 4 style owners. 73's

" In the end I got what I wanted "

that's what really matters ;)

pics pics pics :)

Thanks for putting it up ! ! ! I could not get my antenna up without your help ! ! ! Now I am saving up for a Kenwood 440S. It's warming up in my garage and making my Texas Ranger TR696FD1 drift. Darn I like that little radio ! It likes to be in a room that's about 60 degres . Then it is pretty stable. I run with a old Turner Plus Three. Mic. Thanks again FOUR NINE ZERO So. Ca.

its great to see the masterminds together at work . im going to try to be right behind u guys , wait up ! this sounds like a great antenna ,cant wait to get it together !!!money is very limited . didnt build rome in a day as they say . i have to figure out the mast situation , since guy wiring is out of the question . and the grounding location . so many obstacles to endure . to the ones that is helping me thank u . mr. marconi thank u too for your time and patients. it time to get back to the drawing board, and wasting time .

Pleas refer to the drowings with the dimensions of the antenna, the lengs of the rod and radials.tnx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.