• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

UTC time?

UTC is always expressed in a 24-hour format. 0001Z is either 1401 or 1501 Pacific Time, depending on whether DST is in effect at the time. In other words, the new radio day starts in the late afternoon here on the west coast of the US.

I think people might not be understanding the original question (or maybe I'm not).

Q: What UTC time is it on the Pacific when it's 2100 UTC in London?
A: 2100 UTC

UTC is worldwide. If it's 2100 in London, it's 2100 in Delhi, New York, Santiago, and Cape Town. Hell, it's 2100 on the Moon. A minute after that, it will be 2101 UTC. Everywhere. That's how UTC works. It's one time for the whole planet.

I'm on the Pacific. if it is 2100 UTC what time is it here?
Dont Quiet grasp the concept of UTC time...:bored:

I think people might not be understanding the original question (or maybe I'm not).

Q: What UTC time is it on the Pacific when it's 2100 UTC in London?
A: 2100 UTC

UTC is worldwide. If it's 2100 in London, it's 2100 in Delhi, New York, Santiago, and Cape Town. Hell, it's 2100 on the Moon. A minute after that, it will be 2101 UTC. Everywhere. That's how UTC works. It's one time for the whole planet.

The OP wanted to know what his local time was if it was 2100 UTC. Since UTC is referenced to the time in Greenwich England there is indeed a considerable difference in time between there and the pacific coast of California.

If mathematics is an issue, keep two clocks, one set to local time the other to UTC, how hard can it be?

I have decided to buy multiple wall clocks with all the times around the world also will dedicate one clock for UTC

Sent from Outerspace, on the DarkSide of X.

REAL DX'ers keep their wristwatch set to UTC anyway. :whistle:

Real electronic repair technicians do not wear jewelry or watches due to the hazard of high voltage.:whistle:

Safety hazard, many, many, years ago in school the instructor showed us pictures of techs that got electrocuted by necklaces, wedding rings watches bracelets etc, etc. Wear no jewelry just a safety habit.

Real electronic repair technicians do not wear jewelry or watches due to the hazard of high voltage.:whistle:

Safety hazard, many, many, years ago in school the instructor showed us pictures of techs that got electrocuted by necklaces, wedding rings watches bracelets etc, etc. Wear no jewelry just a safety habit.

Preaching to the choir on that one. I serviced commercial broadcast gear for 22 years and dealt with up to 5000 volts on a regular basis.

Anyway who was talking about techs? I thought we were talking about DX'ers and the time.

Preaching to the choir on that one. I serviced commercial broadcast gear for 22 years and dealt with up to 5000 volts on a regular basis.

Anyway who was talking about techs? I thought we were talking about DX'ers and the time.

You are correct we are talking about DXer's, just saying why I do not wear a watch set to UTC time.

Oh, OK. You lost me on that for a minute. I didn't realize you were a tech. You are right about jewellery and HV being a bad combo. Back in the day I was reading an article in Radio World magazine about a broadcast engineer that was killed when he leaned over a live power supply in a transmitter and his necklace dropped onto the filter cap. :eek: The station owner got worried when he did not call in and did not answer the phone. He drove to the site and found him dead at the site. :cry:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.