• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Utica, Town and country 111 cb radio. shorting out.

Okay thanks Nomad i tested an old junk cb radio that had similar kind of setup and it measured like the other one it looks good

I have been resoldering alot of connections since last time. but still no receive. transmit is fine. I checked for a frequency starting at the antenna, and found 16.9204 on pin 4 ,of /L2 or, a15 i checked the fequency from the channel crystals. it is correct 8.460 m17 at pin 2 v2.but when i checked The 9.979mhz crystal. it is 9.976on the fine tune side and 16.9204 on the other side going to pin 1 of v4 . i measured the resistance of the 22k. resister it is over 24k . above is the schematics. i noticed when i put a 27.125mhz signal thu the antenna to pin 12 in the relay, it comes out at pin 4 at 16.9204. im confused.

Last edited:
Ah, measuring one tenth of an Ohm is trickier than it sounds. Most meters won't do that accurately. The dead short reading may very well be telling you that there's not really a pro

Ah, measuring one tenth of an Ohm is trickier than it sounds. Most meters won't do that accurately. The dead short reading may very well be telling you that there's not really a problem.

I think i understand some now I have a fluke 70111 multimeter it has a 300mw dc selection i also have a rf cable for it i can switch out. also i have a old rca vacuum tube meter vdvtm? would one of them work? thanks for the help my friends

AWWWsome found the signal using a signal generator at 27.1660mhz i hooked up to the antenna jack. i only hear it with the BFO on. no signal with the BFO off. but i do hear a humm and some popping noises out of the speaker when BFO is off.. i didnt have any signal before so this is a first for this little beast . Its been hard for me to understand the if frequency the mixing and stuff. lol one day the light bulb will go on above my head. lol.

i fixed it by golly, i dang sure did. its all working. it had alot of problems like connections with no solder. cold solders. parts reversed in the schematic and the radio. 3 bad switches. all of the adjustments had to be tuned. it was a mess now its a Jem. lol

Reactions: TM86

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.