• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Video of my setup

I know all about being on a budget and not trying to spend to much and all it has done is cost me more when I just had to get something better lol! Unless you are way out of the norm just buy good the first time it is cheaper and you don't have to do it twice. You should have a base and a mobile set up you will find this easier and if you have people at home it's a fun way to stay in contact but don't expect good results talking locally because of the 16 hour a day skip. There are ways to keep in local communication during this bombardment of noise all day but then we're talking $$ and a good radio guy etc etc

1. There would likely be no appreciable benefit to getting the Tornado over what I have now. DB gain-S Units
2. I can build a moxon for around $15.00. A Yagi is exponentially more. Plus, the moxon will have better F/B which is one of the things I'm looking for. There is a reason for what I'm doing and a method to the madness.

Nailed Venice Italy the other day and hear Romania but can't quite make the trip. I would say the cheap stuff is working pretty good considering I'm only running about 15w or so. There's a reason people swear by those 102" whips I guess.

Thought about base and mobile but the topography here would make it impossible to talk more than a couple of miles. Plus, I talk to the wife enough anyways! hehe

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.