• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Warning! Do Not invade my 6 foot Perimeter. You have been warned!

There is a brandishing law. The definition can be manipulated. But in general, considering an altercation, if one displays the weapon not in self defense, but to intimidate, that is brandishing. Removal from holster or from vehicle.

Personally, I prefer open carry. If you are obviously a unarmed target, a criminal prefers that. There is a NOPD I know, he is the range instructor, qualifies all NOPD....everytime we get together discussion continues. He's pro concealed, but one must obtain license for such, Lousiana is open carry, no license required. He's older, prefers "element of surprise". But my argument to him is, if you look to be unarmed you make yourself out as easy target. If you are obviously armed, bad guys cross the street and do not attempt. No where does the Constitution call in registration in the 2nd Amendment. Just being armed is not intimidating. An armed society is a polite society.

Exactly right. I've heard all the arguments about what BGs will theoretically do when they see an open carried sidearm. I've also seen what they really do, which is usually to suddenly remember that they have urgent business elsewhere.

BTW Alabama is also a license free open carry state, and always has been.

Reactions: 357magnum
IMG951474.png
This could be your your back side if you challenge me on the wrong day.

Reactions: 357magnum and Robb
Kentucky is a constitutional carry state. No permit is required for open carry, only if the weapon is to be concealed. In some states if you draw your weapon some might consider that to be assault. I won't sweat the small stuff. If I am forced to defend my self I will to the maximum I have available.
Since I have become so ill I have to ride every where in a wheel chair with an oxygen bottle in full view. The young Turks look at me sizing me for a robbery. You can see it in their eyes as they size you up. A quick scan top to bottom and a front to side inspection
So far no body has challenged me yet. If they do well we'll see what happens.

Hasn’t occurred to me to offer advice to you in this, but below is my first thought were I rolling those roads.

Remington V3 Tac-13 Semi-Auto
Aguila minishells
9BDDE71D-28D0-4A92-A22D-981E37B46569.jpeg

The scene you’ve painted causes sad recognition for this stranger. Only an online acquaintance, he, but admiring. His relevant experience was in waiting for his premature end, for which there was no treatment to curry hope.

Finally, he couldn’t leave the house as it progressed over the years. “Quiet” gained in depth. Pains from earlier life became the unwanted irony useful as a gauge. (A 1:4 amplifier ratio. One adjusts the past down to 1.5W. Or so some service dude told me about KL-203’s).

Luck (or not) a new test showed remedy was possible. But, one is forever changed. The clock doesn’t rewind, it can only be re-set.

We will come to the same place despite our vicissitudes.
The illusion of Time & Distance. (Disappear).

John 20:19. (He said) “Peace be with you”.

The lyrics to this old American song below aren’t forlorn as they read . . for the printed page is but a map. Interpretation is everything. Art is our genius. One may as well ask, What is Western Man?

There is no venue, no discipline, no practice we can’t open a door to allow the entrance of Spirit in ways others cannot. And, when in right frame, do.

Invention is naught else but this.

Some may find this easier as, (Mark 6:7), “But when ye pray, use not yesterday’s words”. Inspiration is to be trusted. Prayer is as much an action in this world as that which earns a man his bread. The ordinary becomes extraordinary (Art). Where, unseen boundaries disappear.

“At The River”

The unwary may not wish to turn that page with you, old man.
Peace is not their end.

Last edited:
Well I'm not Barney Fife , don't have that Green Bullet in my pocket . :whistle: But I am A Marine ! Always will be ! Also I am one of those & have taught this to many I have instructed ... " Never Pull That Gun Out Unless you Depend On Firing it ! " Maybe some people shouldn't own guns ? I never want to have to use my gun . I haven't shot @ a human being since Viet Nam & don't " EVER " want to have to do it again ! Semper Fi , Stay Healthy & Safe . 73 & God Bless , Leo

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Kilowatt
Never a Marine but worked with a bunch of them all Fine MEN.
Both good rules, don't pull it out unless you intend to use it, don't put your finger on the trigger unless you are pulling it.

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.